Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw there was some metal particles laying in the airfilterbox. What I think is that it is coming from wear of the trackclips or trackdrivers that are sucked through the airfilter in the tunnel, and a lot need to have been sucked into the cylinders. Not good.
Any other possibilities, from the sylinders maybe? But can them go back, can them?
Model: AC 440 ZR 1998

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Is it just small metal filings you see? Is it possible the opening for your airbox is anywhere near the clutches?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is small filings. And relatively much. Ok, two possibities. One of the brakepad was turned wrong way with the metal side against the brakewheel. Metal particles was weared off and may have come into the airtract which lay right behind at the right side. The aifilter was not totally blocking airbox entrance either so they can have been sucked in there from the brake.

Also the airfilter box is not sealed, and there is small openings around. Particles from clutch or brake can have been sucked into it. Think the turbulence in the motorchamber when driving fast will make small particles fly around.

I will seal the AC filter box, seems like the whole airfiltersystem of AC is really bad thought out. Bad patent, looks homemade.

So for others with AC, watch out. Metal particles sucked into engine is seriously bad. Airfilterbox should be sealed with silicone...and airfilters properly solid placed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts