Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking for communicators for my girlfriend and myself, and dont want to spend $600.00. What works for less?

Thanks in advance

Bill

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I bought chatter boxes 3 yrs ago. They are the greatest out there, but for the price, I think they are a great investment.

I'm sure you will hear about alot of things people don't like about them, compared to some of the better units, and I'm sure they are right. But if you take the time to set them up right, they are overall a pretty good system.

FishHog

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by Steven Hohman@Nov 26 2002, 02:15 PM
the Collet 900's were going for real cheap a month ago, check them out!
Also use Collett 900's and have been very happy...go to thier website, thier prices are falling like rocks due to new model that came out.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The absolute best system you can buy is.

The motorla talk about hand held with the special ear peice made buy a company I cant think of the name right now.

It has a push to talk button that you velcro on one of your fingers. And there is no microphone just one ear peice that does both. When you talk it sences the vibration of your ear bones and turns that into digital sound. It sounds just like you except no wind or engine noise at all. You could talk in the middle of a tornado and the only thing you would here is your voice like your in a closet.

I bought two of them. Will post the name the moment i find the package.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yes, those are the ones. and yes i tried them out (I bought 3 of them). There unreal. If you have the motorola talkabouts or any compatable raido get them. Only thing that goes in your helmet is a little wire and earpeice and the whole system is simple and smooth.

There the best IMO.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 09:53 PM
Yes, those are the ones. and yes i tried them out (I bought 3 of them). There unreal. If you have the motorola talkabouts or any compatable raido get them. Only thing that goes in your helmet is a little wire and earpeice and the whole system is simple and smooth.

There the best IMO.
Cool, that's what I wanted to hear. They looked cool but I didn't want to spend the $ w/o talking to someone who has used them. FYI, their web site claims to be currently out of stock but a shipment should be in any day.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Accually Zippar there located in Toronto, I belive close to the 427. I was there to buy the third one. its a small operation but man they are very cool. Whats neat is how its not a mic. It doesnt pick up background noise at all. all you here is there voice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts