Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas as to what Cat is going to realease mid season, if anything? I know last yr. it was the 900. Somebody has to have an inside scoop.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think? a 600? Do you really think its needed? By the way, what's up with hardly any carb models this yr. Are they trying to make everything EFI? They should give you a choice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would love to see the Firecat's 700 motor in the mountian cat chassis.  This, to me, would make more sense since AC doesn't have a 700 mountain sled as everyone else does, but AC has a 900 (really an 860) that no one else does.  Then, if they still wanted the "most powerful stock sled" title, they could just bump up the 800's power since it makes as much as the Firecat's 700 motor, of which is a whole different issue in itself.  Just an idea...

·
Registered
757 Posts
You're right, they might not need it, but it's an obvious hole in the line-up when compared to all the REV combinations.  

One slant on this is maybe that Cat doesn't have the $$ Bombardier or Polaris has to throw at creating all possible combinations of chassis and motor.  That's fine.

-But-

Considering that the Insurance companies are gouging anything 700cc on up, I'd buy a 125hp 600 before a 140 hp 700.

IMO

·
Registered
448 Posts
F6 seems to be the most talked about, but that's also because alot of us want it, so we dream.  ZR900 EFI would make a lot of sense for a mid season release.  Only a few months then we'll know....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I heard that a mid-season release of a 1050 4-Stroke in a chassis similar to a Firecat is coming.  Around 170hp and is lighter than the RX-1.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My guess is a F6 EFI 120-125 HP.  Maybe, a Mountain version of the F-series also.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here is what I think is most logical:

1. F6 - 600 is largest market
2. Firecat Long Track - They didn't put that much money into a new mountain department and facilities if they weren't gonna use it.
3. F8-F9-?  Probably not as likely.  I think they would want to wait and see how the F series does in the consumers hands.
4. ZR 900 is a matter of when, not if.  I'm sure it is sitting on the shelf waiting to be released.  Just a matter of marketing and not releasing too much at one time.  I wish they had it when I ordered my 900 in the spring, I definitely would have gotten it.

just my thougts on the matter

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would like to see a entry level sled based on the firecat. A 340liquid sled that ways around 400lbs. "F4"

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh, yeah

5. Hi-perf 4 stroke.  This is also a matter of when and not if.  I think they have had all of the engine-eers tied up on the F series.  I'm sure they'll turn their attention to that and fine tune whatever they have put together.  Maybe use some of the lightweight components off the Mountain Cats and shove a 4 stroke in it.  Not sure if they would take the time to fine tune a tottally new motor(or suzuki motocycle engine) or to just turbocharge their existing 4 stroke.  Again, it's only a matter of when, not if.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Jayjay, #4 on your previous post, what did you mean?  They already have the ZR900.  I guess you meant EFI, huh?

IMO, their next offering will be on the upper end of the lineup...either more hp for the 900 or a monster 1100cc range sled.  I think they still have to compensate for dropping 22hp off of their biggest model.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think there will be somekind of new mountain release probably in the F series frame.  My dealer said there were some hints about the mountain series being renevated at the last convention.  Eventually I'm sure there will be an efi f5 and a carb f7, being that won't take much more engineering.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW! Didn't expect this much conversation over this. Lots of good ideas. High Perf. 4 stroke better be on the way. And it better be lightwieght. I'm not driving a tank like that RX-1.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I agree rfm, the RX-1 would be great for just cruising, but if you wanted to do any trail pounding, I think it would get old real quick.  Let's hope that CAT has been listening and doesn't let us down.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts