Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the snowmobile mileage from St. Ignace to Sault St. Marie and from there to Paradise

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think St Ignace is about 10 miles from Paradise and about 12 miles from the Sault........ :p :D :nervous: SWRules

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wink,

St. Ignace to Sault St. Marie: There is no direct route, but a round about way by trail is approx. 98 miles. ( St. Ignace to Cedarville / trail 2 to trail 47, Cedarville to Kinross / trail 47 to trail 49, Kinross to S.S.M. / trail 49 to 4 ).

Sault St. Marie to Paradise: approx. 55 miles
Trail 8 from soo to par.

Hope that helps. :sarcasm:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Its a good ride. I've done that trip before. Pretty fun. It's a quick 98 miles. Doesn't take long on the railroad section.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the trip we took out of st ignace and to the soo and back was around 210 miles.I would not have tried to go up to paradise in the same day.the only good trails up their were the rail trails the rest were really rough,or typical weekend trails,which I find I don't like to run over 200 miles a day on..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but.... Why would you want to even go to Paradise? It is one of the busyest places in the U.P. Why, I dont know, guess it's the name or something?
The town itself offers nothing! They hate snowmobilers and the place rolls up the carpet at 8:00 pm! Only place you can get a bit to eat after 8 is soybean burgers at the Shell station!
Stay in Cedarville and run to Drummond Island you can easly spend the day there. The trails are tight and twisty but a beautiful ride just the same. The Kinross and Soo area are about the uglyest places to ride [flat and nothing]. West of there all the way to Wisconson is where the trees and hills start.
By the way, I have rode from St.Ignace to Lake of the clouds and back! What a ride!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to know the mileage because we were thinking of riding from St. Ignace to Grand Marais and spending the night. I know from Paradise to Grand Marais is about 60 miles. Mikadoo, I agree that Paradise is not a good place to ride. I quit going there a long time ago and usually go to Munising. Every year we do a trip from Munising to Houghton and spend 2 nites there. We just wanted to try something different and St. Ignace would be closer. It's 7 - 8 hours to the bridge for us on good roads and then another 2 1/2 hours to Munising. We're just considering some other options for an overnite trip. thanks for all the help so far.

Wink

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mikadoo,
I just noticed where you do your riding. A friend of mine has a cabin close to Frederic. At least that's the exit we get off on. His cabin is about 4 miles from Hideaway Bob's. Just walk out the door of Bob's, turn right on that road and it takes you right by his cabin. We're planning on being up ther the weekend before Christmas and over New Year's.

Wink

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Wink, ya, thats Blue Lake road. Your friend must live aroud the lakes there somewhere. Bob's is a REAL busy place on Fri. & Sat. Dont go there much, cant hardly ever get in the door. Was just up there a few weeks ago and Blue Lake rd. has been turned back to dirt, that will make it nicer for us sledders when the trail is junk!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mikadoo,
His cabin is right between those 2 lakes. I don't know the names of them. If Catrules2000 sees this he can tell you more. It's his dad's cabin. I just follow when I'm up there.

Wink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts