Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride atv's but I am looking at getting a Skidoo Grand Touring. I found a 1994 model that has 610 miles on it and with knowing nothing about them I do not know if that is low mileage or average for a snowmobile.

·
Registered
229 Posts
610 miles on a 1994 model is very low. Average miles would be about 9000 on that one. Just be wary of items that could deteriorate from sitting so much.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
610 is extreemely low.  I do about 300 a weekend.  Of course last year, that meant 600 miles.

make sure it was stored right, fogged engine, or you might be looking at a big problem, from long storage.

FishHog

·
Registered
110 Posts
look to make sure none of the rubber is dried out and cracked. ie. intake boots and such. It sounds like this sled just came out of the box. Was the speedo disconected or what?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owner got a good deal from a friend who needed $. No one in the family wants to ride it and he has only ridden it twice around there lot since he bought it last year. It is parked at there part-time cabin it has been sitting outside but with the cover on it. It looks like new and I will take a look at the rubber in the next few days.

Bill

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Find someone that knows A LOT about sleds and take him to it. This could be a super deal, but then again, it could be a real pile of cow cookies if you dont know what to look for.
Sitting outside it's whole life would alone make a pile out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts