Snowmobile World banner

Miles

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Pepsi_fuzz 
#1 ·
well broke 1000 miles this season today. didn't think i would get that many in by now. goes to show ya you just got to keep the faith lol.

#2 ·
well broke 1000 miles this season today. didn't think i would get that many in by now. goes to show ya you just got to keep the faith lol.[/b]
Hey you're doing good Jake, we've only been out three times and only logged 440 miles.

#4 ·
Not me but it's coming and when it does hopefully I'll rack some up before the back packs it in![/b]
What's the problem Cory? I thought Parry Sound was good to go.

#5 ·
Yeah, I often find that low snow years mean more miles as I spend less time (this year almost no-time) playing and more time trial riding.

Cracked 1500 miles today while crossing the Mattawa River. 1580 by the time I got home today.

One of the nice things about the newer machines is the engine hours meter. I'm at about 47 hours total now.

#7 ·
hey catdoo glad to see your atleast putting some tracks down. will be in cochrane the 8th- 11th of march. going to see if we can see the northern lights one night from the fire tower.thanks again for telling me about that place.

#12 ·
Yes I hope to do a pile more too....even if it's cold it's -35 this morning ...I at 1580 km's..

Rick

#13 ·
I just realized last night that I had only put on 200 miles before Christmas, so the rest of my miles have come since the 22nd of January. No wonder I'm feeling tired on a monday morning.

#14 ·
Broke 1000 last night myself.

Just need another 2,000 to be happy.

#15 ·
hey catdoo glad to see your atleast putting some tracks down. will be in cochrane the 8th- 11th of march. going to see if we can see the northern lights one night from the fire tower.thanks again for telling me about that place.[/b]
Hope you have lots of snow, maybe by that time we'll be desperate enough to drive that far too since our New Liskard ride was cancelled.

#16 ·
Oiey, I was starting to hit 500 miles per week (according to how often I was getting out vs how much snow we were supposed to get), but then instead of getting more snow it stopped. We haven't had a snow fall in over two weeks. Had two nights where there was a slight dusting of snow, but less than 1 cm that's for sure. I managed to get out though, between the groomers deteriorating the ice and loosening it up and more snowmobiles on the trails than there are cars on the highway, there's a lot of loose stuff to protect the hifax from melting, lol.

That said, I had my machine out once in two weeks, and put just over 65 miles on it during that one little trip, lol. Oh well, there IS some snow in the forecast *crossing fingers*. My engine hours are a lot higher, nearing 65 hours running time now. Something to do with starting it up once a week every week all year round :D

#17 ·
Went over 1000 miles myself this past weekend. The snow came late but the miles are adding up!!!!

#18 ·
Well, I rode 50 of those miles w/ tunedbyear yesterday.. This morning I felt like I'd ridden 200.. LOL.. We were doing a lot of stuff off the beaten path. Then he takes us up this huge powerline hill... Too funny because most of us didn't make it up the hill (o.k. I was the only guy who didn't make it). Jake's wife was the only woman that made it.. I wasn't sure about studs but now I think I might try them.. So two studded arctic cats and two yamahas made it up, Our doo's didn't... No-one had been up it and it LOOKED good but under the snow it was all ice.. I almost slid back into Jake's wife trying to reposition my sled on that hill.. Jake and Gary walked ALL THE WAY DOWN to help everyone get turned around and then they had to hike ALL THE WAY UP to get to their sleds...Great guys!!.. I was embarrassed I couldn't make it up the hill or get turned around w/o help. There were 7 of us and at the end of the day we drank beer and ate chili. Sue and I left around 8pm and didn't get home until 1 am.... Was it worth it? Your damn right it was!. The people we've met that are into this sport are some of the best people out there. Good times..

#20 ·
We've had to trailer for snow all winter....Otherwise I'm sure we'd have more miles... I don't worry about MPG on the sleds anymore. We spend WAY more in gas driving the truck to where the snow is! Good news is a storm is headed our way and 6" of snow is forecast.. woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 ·
Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do. I only put on little over 500 miles this year so far. And a total of 829 miles on the sled itself. :crazy:[/b]
I like having miles on the sled because it means I'm getting my money's worth. However, less miles on your sled increases your sled's worth. So it can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it :dazed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.