Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found a Millenium edition Mach Z for sale with 2500kms on it. Almost brand new. Loaded....considering trading in the yellow rocket.....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I would do it for two reasons.

1. Its a Mach Z

2. Its a special edition, they hold there value better then other sleds and are the first to become collectors items and go up in value later.

Just remember its a CK3 chassie not a S chassie.  It doesnt like to be jumped and its hard on you in rough trails.  Other then that with dual carbide skis and a good suspention set up it will handle with the best of them.  If your a big guy like me (over 6 foot) then you will have no problem letting this machine know whos boss.  

You will lose some agility going to the CK3 but the 809's power and smoothness and the awsome looking colors on this sled will probably make it the best choice.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hi there; they are two diff. sleds. if its ditch banging or snow x  ..lol then no . but if u are like me ...he  he .....aggresive trail ridder and weakend warrior at the lake  ( radar and drags) then the mach will make u
. there is no other.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, don't jump it. Tim just informed me that my old sled
(FIII 700) which is now part of his collection had a bent bulkhead. Oh geez Tim, I have no idea how that happened.
hehehe I think those have the best looks out of them all. The black and chrome really looks great but I've heard that that chrome plating comes off in time.
And 99 and 00
were the best years for stock pipes. Get the trip man, get
the trip. Then have ask the ZMan for help to make that SOB
fly even faster. Your a big guy and the Mach (depending on
how or where you ride) will suit you better. Boy you thought
you had a rocket now.  LOL

·
Registered
664 Posts
Horsecollar, If I had to choose between the 2 I'd go for the mach z, However if an 800 REV was thrown into the pic, It would be a different story.

Oh yeah, what's the price tag?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the asking price is $7450 CDN...about $4800 USD. You can't jump a Mach? not even a little?
I am an aggressive rider, and most of our riding is done cross country. We are rarely on groomed trail. How much different can the ride be from my 670?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ive done a little jumping with my mach.  Nothing stadium big but just about a foot or so.  You wouldnt want to go any higher because the front comes down hard.

I wouldnt worry about driving hard thru a trial and coming across a bump and mogal and catching some air but dont go looking for a ramp.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Seen my first Millenium at bronson auction last year with 900 miles, very nice shape, went for $5000.00.
IMO after seeing it in person I thought it was the uglyest Mach to date, the chrome and part silver seat just dont get it.
Dont take me wrong, I just dont like it. To each his own.
Personally I like the yellow or black, but then again I get a lot of complements on my purple wannabe MachZ.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah...but how can there be such a difference? What's the wet weight of a Mach Z?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Why not spend the money on a used big twin. I know it's no 3x3 but it'll be TONS better than what you currently have.
Caleb

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never owned a triple...and since they are dying out...I want one!

I don't particularly like the Chrome/purple of the millenium, but its the only Mach I could find around here for sale right now. They are hardly ever for sale  used around here. Also, there are no big twins around either. Guys are keeping their stuff because most didn't get to use it much last year...

What year does the millenium fall under anyway? Is it a 99 or a 2000?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Rocketman.  Dont kid yourself.  For what you ride in the mach is not for you.  It is made for lakes and trails (groomed)  if you ride back country then you will not have a fun time on a mach.

I would ride the 670 for an other year and see if skidoo comes out with a Machz in the ZX chassie.  That would be your ticket.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
machzzzz1 is right,ive brought a few guys from southern ont,out into the power and cross country riding,they had mach z's and mach1's,great on the trails but terrible in the rough terrain and snow,maybe if they had 136 tracks they would have been a lot better,your a big guy so it would help somewhat that you can throw it around,the millen is a sweet looking sled though

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My Flll with the 809-136x1 1/2 paddle track is an animal out in the back country but without the 136 it would be like a boat goin down for the last count. Machzzz1 is right, it is a heavy boy out playing in bush. I would think for your kind of riding a 600 would be the ticket along with a 1 1/2 track. Better yet, find a 99 670 H.O. and really kick some butt!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Why not have both? Kiss up to dad, you know how to already for the truck. HAHAHA. If you have alot of straights, Mach Z, but back country, MXZ. Mach Z has only 6" clerance on the front, it is for lakes or following the groomer, not going in front of the groomer. But if you go with it, talk to ZMachman for set-up. Nobody better.

Doo  

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hmm.... you never owned a triple? Well, when you grab some throttle on a lake or trail with hard packed snow, you will have a tremendous rush of andrenalin. If you want to ride in 2 feet of fresh snow? Just park at the bar and dream about it! That little .880 lug track is worthless for that. But in michigan, when I pass the groomer, then it's hammer down time. You will know why hammering a triple is like having sex. Think of it this way, a Mach Z is like a drag car at the race track. All other sleds, MXZs etc, are like owning Pintos, Fiestas, chevettes and other econo boxes. They do one thing well, they move you from point A to point B in an efficient manner. No andrenaline needed. I can't think of any more ways to put it. Good Luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Strap a triple into the chassis that you have now! Sell your
motor and for a couple extra bucks and you could get a 700
or 809 to put in it. For you I'd say that's the ticket.
The CK3 isn't bad off trail especially when you put on at
least a 1.25" track. It's all about momentum. But like what
Fast Mach Z said, once you pull the trigger you'll see what
it's all about. My 110# fiance would love to rip my FIII
through an untracked field. And jumping the CK3 chassis is
not the best idea but it certainly can be done. Just
remember throttle control when you're in the air. I've been
told that the bulkhead on the CK3 isn't really different
from the other chassis (S or ZX can't remember).

I always loved the fact that with my 700 triple, all you had
to do was pull the rope maybe 8-10" to start it. One quick
jerk and it fired to life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts