Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that milling the stock head on a 800 ski-doo is not worth it. That it is to touchy with the squish and compression. If any one has done it let me know how it went. (good and bad) 1000' is the elevation with no other engine work. thanks

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
From what i have heard,machining the stock head is a waste of time and $$.It looks like the aftermarket are going to the hemi design,keeping comp ratio close to stock if not remaining stock and just altering squish.There
are definately lots of kits available from a variety of different people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I have been told is that if you take the head down .010 and add the thicker base gasket it is like a little port job for little cash. I do not know though since I have not tried it yet. I am only getting 120 psi on compression, and that seems a little low to me. I am looking to get the compression to where I have to run premium fuel 92 octane at 1000' ft. But still maintain a safe squish and dependability.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There are several bolt on kits available already that include cyl. spacers,head and all gaskets.One of the major
concerns i've heard about altering the stock head is it's abilty to cool.Bill Cudney offers a kit as well as RK Tech and they are priced very reasonable.I myself am sitting on the fence trying to decide which way i'm going to go. ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts