Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seemed to be a lot of excitement at the show this year. Is that how it's been at the other ones too? Several reasons I guess, from the all-new models offered, to people feeling like they have a lot riding to make up for last year, to all the bargains on left-over models and gear due to a poor season last year. I got good deals on suits and gear for the boys, rec-lift, helmet accessories, and other items. It just reminded me that the shows are really the place to buy your stuff, if they have what you want.

Some bargains I saw:
- new '01 Polaris 800XCSP for $5500.00
- V-Force 3's for twins $200.00...just ordered some 2 wks ago @
$235.00 :angry:
- Cat leather Jacket for $280, lists in catalog for $509.00...not in my
size though

I'm sure there were many other bargains, but I had to keep an eye, more like both eyes, on my two boys, who looked very good sitting on a Z120.

BTW Zmachman, I saw your buddy at the PaddleGrabber display.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jim,

I was there on Friday night. In talking with a couple vendors, they indicated that the economy has affected the particpation at the shows. Did you notice that PSI, Black Magic and Rieckerts(sp?) were not there, or did I miss them?

My most coveted purchase? I bought a spring removal tool for $25. Not sure if I overpaid, but it sure worked nice on the display table :D

Anything will beat the needle nose vice grip I've been using...

David

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David, Blk Magic was there, just around the corner from the Cat display. I don't know about the others. I didn't get by every booth, as my kids were tired.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Jon, the whole family ended up going, so I took our Yukon XL...no problem on room there. I bought my lift Sat pm, and the guy said they only had 3 left...he may have been pulling my chain, who knows. I will probably put the lift to use this weekend.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i was there saturday and i got a few good deals my slef and yes thats what the show is like every year this year it was in a brand new building last year it was over 3 buildings

i got 2 cat jerseys for 20$ each
i got a rear window sticker for 25$
i got 2 2 shirts for 10 each
a bunch of helmet stickers
studsi was gonna get some floor dollys for 33$ but decided not to and i go to sit on a F5 F7 and a zr 900 i sat on the rx1 but i didnet like it very much and i sat on the rev and it will be interesting to see what its like when riding i like it

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you w/the ZR900's, you ought to love those sleds. I really like the redesigned warmer controls. If I didn't have so much invested in my 800, I would seriously consider trading this year. Maybe I can talk the wife into riding the 800, and I'll buy the 900 for myself....

BTW, I did lift the sled whose weight has been in question for so long, and I do believe it is much heavier than any other solo sled. This is not a real bad thing unless you plan on banging trails or get stuck w/it. Even my buddy who has owned Yammis all his life said it was much harder to pick up than his SRX.

·
Registered
959 Posts
the 900 is a heavy sled but it had a large motor and has enough power to back it up but i wouldnet want to get it stuck real deep... thats with any sled it would be a pain to get anyting out if stuck real good

·
Registered
664 Posts
I saw mxz7 there! (exciting enough)

Got a good deal on studs,backers
Bought a Doo racing jersey

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was there,working in our snowmobile club's booth on Saturday and Sunday. I thought the attendance was down from previous years.
I felt sorry for the guys selling trailers and accessories,they were kinda' in no-man's-land. On a few occasions,I would walk through their area and they had no customers at all. The layout of the show could be improved.
If they put the sled manufacturers in the corners,people would have to travel through the entire room to see all the new sleds,thus passing by ALL the vendors.

Just my opinion. RB

·
Registered
959 Posts
i would have to agree the layout could be inproved but it was a brand new building this year so... they will change it for the profit numbers and spread it out more also i thought it would be a good idea to almost catogorize it with clothing in one section and parts/accessories on another cuz i had to run from end to end to check a price to see if it was lower or not

skidoorider whats your club maybe i took a flyer from you and didnet know it was you

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree w/you on the layout RB. The trailer guys were on the outskirts and to the back...I felt like I was going out of my way to look at a couple of the trailers, and those guys did look bored. Maybe they will change it for next year.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That was the smallest snow show of all time but your right there were good deals.Some venders gave up and I dont know why,every year is a gamble some seasons arent that good but we press on.If we loose hope in next season and the next the sport will die and the tree huggers will have won!!!!So if this season is like the last I ask all my snowmobile bothers and sisters to hold on to the memories of past and fight for the land they try to strip away and hold on to those times when the snow was plentyful and trails were clear.Amen

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bone Daddy ~

Hey, I went to Cedarburg High School. (Graduated in 1979) Grew up in the subdivision across from Circle B!

And Skidoorider, spend many a Sat. night during the summer at the race track. (Plymouth) Dated a girl for seven years whose folks lived there. I'm the treasurer in the Kettle Moraine Snowmobile Club in Richfield. I've heard many a good things about your club. We're finally getting a website, should be up in about three weeks.

Sure is nice to have a SE WI network on this forum.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Kirk~

Nice to talk to people from the area!Moved to Cedarburg about two years ago and love it.Think Ive snowmobiled around Hubertus .I keep the sleds up in Allenton , quiker to the U.P. Well maybe if the snows good I'll see you on the trail!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I talked to a friend of mine who was working in the trailer area at the Milwaukee show and he said sales"stunk". Worst it has ever been. RB

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just goes to show how perception can be wrong. Unless you work w/the public, then perception is reality. ???

·
Registered
86 Posts
I personally hope that the low attendance at the show isn't an indication that the enthusiasm of snowmobiling is dwindling. :( RB

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was at the show first thing Friday night...picked up a 2002 MXZ X 800 model for $10(girlfriend bought it for me :) ) it sits on top of my computer monitor at work. I got a set of Bottom Line Dominator 6" for $28...that's the best price I found.

Ya, hopefully the shows setup will improve next year. Good idea to whom mentioned it before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts