Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever rode the north shore?is it a good ride and are there alot of gas stations? i'm planning a trip there this winter. any info helpful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Boy I have been up on the North Shore many times.  There are plenty of gas stops along the way.  It is a fun place to ride on most years.  The only time it is not so good is when there isn't any snow in the rest of the state.  Then you get everybody and their brother riding up on the North Shore and it pounds the snow right off the trails.  If you know where you are going there are a lot of logging roads you can take off on and have some great riding.  On a good year it is not too hard to take off and put on 200+ miles in a day.  There are places up on the Gunflint Trail where you can stay and the riding doesn't get any better.   Riley

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have not ridden the north shore since the mid-90's, but as I recall when there is good snow it is a real nice place to ride.  My favorite area to ride in Mn is the Virginia area.  The trails are pure awesome.  Tons of rolling hills makes for a unique experience.  If I were you I would try to ride there too (snow permitting).  What is anybodys opinion on Mn DNR regarding sledders?  I have stayed away from Mn due to the DNR because they all seem to be on a high power trip.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The North Shore is an awsome place to ride.  Like Riley said, if that's the only place with snow it can get very busy though.  As for the DNR, I have a friend that will never go back there due a run-in with an officer on a power trip.  IMO, you can't judge an organization by one bad apple.  Head up there, have fun, obey the laws and you won't regret the trip.  One note, the trail head north of Duluth can be hard to find.  Get a good local map.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts