Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warning lights on my 01 800 are not working. The high-low beam, brake light indicator, etc. between the guages are not working. Anyone else have this problem and a fix? Could it be a grounding problem?

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have an 01 MXZ 600, same prob here, the only light that works is my brake light.  ski-doo has a "bulletin" out on SOME 2001 MXZ's, because of engine problems.  they foul too many plugs, and run extremely rich.  so take it in and they should fix it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freakin brake light not working now. What in the wide world of sports happened? It was fine before engaging the parking brake for trailering/tilt. Sledcrazy, when you say your brake light works, do you mean at the light itself or the dashboard light works. The carb updates have been done. Runs like a champ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sledcrazy,

Is the bulletin you are referring to the piston, cooling, and MPEM programming update or is this something new? I haven't seen any new bulletins yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if this helps but one time when ridding, my low oil annunciator/brake light did not work and the guy ridding behind me said my brake light does not work.I changed the rear brake light bulb and everything worked again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the good words, everybody. Traced the brake light problem to the switch. It works intermittingly and I think it was due to the parking brake being left on for a while. The same thing happened to my 98 mxz 670(same switch mechanism) Once I pull the brake lever off the housing it works fine, meaning the switch is getting smushed. Also, the high/low light worked a couple of times after I got the brake light working and then quit on me. Probably a switch there too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts