Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since when did SDI mean "Sequential Digital Injection"? I was under the impression it still meant Semi-direct Injection. This is from the Dec. '07 issue of American Snowmobiler & the article about 600 class sleds.

One of 3 things maybe have accurred:

1) Someone @ BRP screwed up & doesn't have their facts correct @ the media unveiling :huh: .

2) The author of the article just crawled out from under a rock & has never heard of SDI before :sleepy: .

3) BRP has changed the meaning & I didn't get the memo :cussing: .

Is it any wonder we ask ourselves why we buy this crap?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
You're totally right and I don't know what's going on either. My guess would be that they could not register a trademark on the term Semi Direct Injection because it's a generic term used by a lot of companies if I understand correctly. So they thought up a new acronym that they could trademark. Sounds silly but a lot of corporate stuff is like that. Or maybe they went to focus groups and marketing decided that the new acronym would sell more sleds. There's probably not a *good* reason but rather a marketing reason. Either that or this was a mistake, but that's a pretty specific mistake. We'll probably find out soon enough with the next PR release.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's Semi-direct Injection in the '07 service manual.

·
Registered
912 Posts
#4- It could very well be both.

It's defiantly Sequential and it's more than likely Digital.

And Sequential Digital Injection "sounds" way more high-tech than semi-direct injection.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
#4- It could very well be both.

It's defiantly Sequential and it's more than likely Digital.

And Sequential Digital Injection "sounds" way more high-tech than semi-direct injection.[/b]
Yep that was my point about marketing getting involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts