Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 99 xcr 700 and after I got it home, I realized there is a stud missing. :angry: It has the hole where the stud was and about a 1/2" tear also. I was wondering if its o.k. to ride this way or do I have to put a new track on it. The stud was one that was mounted near the middle of the track. The rest of the track is in great shape, it only has about 1700 miles on it. Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did you buy it from a dealer? If so talk to him about it and see if he will back up what he sells.

If it has a tear it's probably going to get worse. :( I would get a new track so you can have a sled you can count on when you're out on the trail 100 miles from nowhere having the time of your life. :D

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
959 Posts
can you ride it yes you could studs pull out once in a while but if you got it from a dealer have him fix it it would be in your best intrest

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I didn't buy it from a dealer. I was thinking maybe I would try to drill a little hole at the end of the tear and maybe that would keep it from tearing any further. I heard of people doing this when steel or aluminum trailers get stress cracks in them. Thanks

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your best bet is to trim the suroundings to make sure there is no rubber sticking out and then just drive it.

Chances are nothing will happen, just moniter it from time to time. This probably wont be the last stud you pull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts