Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a new sled that you regretted buying or the ownership experience wasn't that great. Not mechanical problems, just your expectations weren't met.

When I sold my '95 MXZ 440 and bought the '98 MXZ 500, I was disappointed. I was really impressed with how you could whip the 440 around. But the 500 had no improvement in the ski-lift dept. Mind you it didn't have the unequal control arm front suspension. The SC-10 was nice though.

I really like my ZX though. Going to it was like going from my '90 Mach 1 to my 440.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have only bought one sled in my life!  It is the one I am currently riding.  I bought it in 2000 with only 717 miles on it.  Has treated me GREAT and I got more than I expected out of it!

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have only owned 2 sleds, a 99 mach and my present 2000.
love them both and hope to have it for years to come.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The only sled that I've bought so far was the 80 John Deere.  It was an antique when I bought it, and is broken alot.  At least it gave me a taste of snowmobiling.

My trip last February sure awakened an old addiction.  I had almost forgotten just HOW MUCH fun snowmobiling is.  That Yammi that I rented also showed my why the triple owners love them so much.  Endless power, and it almost sings at 7000 rpm.  

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've only bought two sleds (90 Prowler & 95 zrt800) in my life and the only regret I have is with the Prowler and that is that I sold it. I should have kept that sled.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I cant say that I have.  I've gotten two sleds in my life, and loved them both.  My 97 MXZ 670 was a awesome sled.  I never had a problem with it.  Never fooled a plug in 2K miles.  Now I only have 400 or so miles on the 02, but it seems like this sled is just as good.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
the oly regret i have is the 85 indy 400 ss i had, nice and fast for the year but parts are doubble the price of doo's and hard to find ! (used)  was cheap on gas
 1 point for the Polaris.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have owned 3 sleds so far and every trade was a huge step up so no regrets here.  I started with a 94 Jag440 great learning sled.  Then I went to a 97 Cougar 550 no comparison to the Jag and after some clutching a great sled.  Then I bought my first new sled 00 ZR500 and i've been completely impressed with it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well i bought a 2001 MXZ 600, and it treated me like ####.  the skis are WAY to easy to turn, even though i tightened the ski pressure, didnt do anything, burned 100 plugs a day, 20 miles per tank of gas, but then i found out they have a recall type thing out on them, i wasnt to impressed with it, but she had some frigain TORQUE, ill say that, a really powerfull sled, and im buying another DOO, the new rev x 600ho.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My regret is my current 2002 machine. Should have listened to everybody and got the carburated. Hopefully next year will be better than this year for satisfaction!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The only one I didn't appreciate was my '96 ZRT800.  I loved the sled...ride and power were great.  But I took it to Wisconsin for 4 years, and three years something broke on it and I had to let it sit and ride the trusty '89 El Tigre/EXT.  Second year the driveshaft bearings blew out, and the third year the chain stretched and teeth wore off, and the fourth year one of the pipes came in contact with the belly and the sled caught on fire....I should have left it burn.  Never had a problem w/motor, etc. just stupid @#$%.  Traded it w/only 1500 miles.

SnowMonkey, better luck to ya next year...you deserve it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 93 ext 550 was a nice machine, my 97 ext 600 was ok. my sons 99 z370 is a blast to ride, just bought a Z570SS and a 02 Z370 for my other son. I hope I like the Z570ss. All these machine where better than the old Evinrudes my dad had for us. lol  

1 - 14 of 14 Posts