Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I've got a couple of 2007 touring deluxe sleds from Polaris. The sled came with some instructions about mixing oil with gas. This can't be true. I've never heard of a newer sled requiring pre-mixed oil+ gas - they're always injection based.

Can anybody tell me if pre-mix is actually required?

Thanks!

KG

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think its done on break in when they are new, like the first tank maybe mixed 100:1 or something like that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep, break-in. If you read a little more or a little more carefully, I think you'll see that. I know some folks who don't trust the injectors and mix. I find that to be unnecessary. The injectors are very reliable. I only mix gas in the fall after the machine has sat for a few months. The first tank with 70-80:1 allows the oil system to prove that its working at the correct rate.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Some dealers will mix the first tank as a matter of setup. Oil and possibly a set of plugs are cheaper than warranty claims. I would ask the dealer if they already mixed it, so you don't triple oil that first tank...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody. That explains it for sure. The piece of paper I was looking at was from a dealer, not in the Polaris manual. I read it over and over and became more confused each time. Heck, by the time I was done reading the "mix oil and gas" thing all I was mixing was an evening cocktail.

KG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts