Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of reed valves has anybody had best experiences with? Also what is a good aftermarket silencer that won't crack, I would like to keep it fairly close to stock sound levels. With these mods would I notice a good increase in performance, or would it be best stock?  Would re-jetting be necessary and what to? My sled is a '02 mxz 800x, yes w/dpm.  Any info greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
a silencer will most likely save weight rather than increasing performance. An aftermarket can will always be louder than the stock muffler, but you could look at MBRP's B&B eliminator trail canisters. They are supposedly quiet.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
naaa rocketman my buddy has the race can and i have the trail can and im just as loud as him when cranked open actually we like the sound of mine more because it seems a little sharper.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I like my race can better...sounds WAY better!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
How's the 670-800 project going?  I haven't found anything yet:( I am getting really anxious to start it though:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 01 800 with the MBRP trail can, V-force reed cages, and a Goodwin clutch kit. No rejetting, I did check it but didnt need to change. So far this has proven to be a strong, reliable combo, with a noticable increase in acceleration and sound.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For some reason the MBRP can is really loud on the 800 twin,i get dirty looks from the neighbor everytime i fire mine up when he's outside.Have tried carbon tech reeds and have seen an improvement over stock.like rocketman says,no real power gain from can,just weight savings and lots of noise.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
reeds will give you better throttle response.I have used v-force and boyesson. I use the boyesson now, and recommend them because you'll see very similar results between the two but the v-force are 200 bucks more.can I would not mess with they are only noise makers and maybe some weight.one thing to remember we have to have trails to ride them and loud sleds are out ,with most land owners.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a can from Bender,very light and is not"TOO LOUD" sounds very good,also v-force 2 reeds work very well,better throttle responce,your DPM should compensate for any increased air flow,within reason of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts