Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to surprise my wife this year (actually I'm bored and and l want to take it apart - haven't modified a Bombardier since 94)

I bought her a 98 Formula dlx 500 last year and was going to transform the mill to the 98 mxz 500 specs.

I have all the specs, timing, clutch set-up, rotary valve timing/adjustment, baseline jetting, gearing, etc.

But before I start, can someone tell me if the port transfers are the same? Is the dome comfiguration the same? Are the rave widths the same?

I have a 98 mxz in the shop right now and it's pulling the same compression ratio - but before I tear into it I need to figure out if the project is feesable.

If it's just a matter of swaping the external parts, I will do it, but If the port transfers are diferent heights I will probably drop the project. Got too many bigger project comming up.

thanks

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I ran the 501 rv in my 98 mxz 500.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bobber has good advise... thats a odd , but cool project, I wouldGUESS they were  the same . What are the carb differences? If you mess with the clutch go behond what came with the Mx 500....and maybe a gearing change is also in order. Message me, if you want I can give you a baseline clutch set up if your so moved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts