Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what mods do you think will be out in the fall for the F7??  i know its EFI, so what do you think will be able to be done to the engine and stuff.

A

·
0 Posts
Alot of companies are going to have mods, the question is whether they have been tested and proven yet?  I'd hate to spend alot of money on something and it ends up hurting the performance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Instead of automatically wondering what mods there are for the firecat, try wondering how good the sled will perform stock.  Does anyone ever leave their sleds stock anymore and enjoy it the way it is?  We spend so much on a sled as it is let alone pour hundreds, even thousands more on them.  Well I guess whatever floats your boat, maybe I'm just jealous because I can't bring myself to spend all that money for a few more horses.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You're right Boatman, but I'm guilty of it too.  I think it's that notion of having something a little better/faster than the other sled you meet on the trails like yours that you "assume" is stock...but chances are the other guy's sled is not stock either.  Just buy a Thundercat and be done with it!
My ZRT was almost stock (reeds, gears).  Then I bought the ZR and love the performance on the trails, but missed the power on the lakes, so I've dumped over a grand in it to get as much hp as my ZRT had.  I think it's easier to buy a lighter sled and increase the power than it is to buy a bigger sled and reduce it's weight to handle like the lighter ones.  Now I can buy a leftover T/Cat or ZRT800 for about the same money I bought the ZR for, before I dumped $$ in it.

A

·
0 Posts
In late 97 I bought a ZR600 and before it hit the snow I took the chance and bought a clutch kit from Stage 6 performance here in Michigan and slapped on V-Force reeds.  I know Quigly who IS Stage 6 so I trusted the product he offered.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
sledcrazy, I'm not a big fan of Black Magic, but they have a great looking set-up for the F7 and ZR900.  I belive the F7 setup is supposed to put out 160ishHP on pump gas and the 900 setup pumps out just OVER 170hp on pump gas.  You will be paying for it though, around $2,500!!

Strange how they can get almost the same HP out of the 700cc and 900cc.

Last edited by phazerhater at Aug. 08, 2002, 2:03pm

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
you guys are getting a little ahead of yourself. You'll know what mods you can get when the sled comes to a garage near you. In the mean time I would like to hop on a stock one first before i would go changing clutches and pipes. Why screw up a good thing

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
SnoproG, there was an article on it in my last sled magazine.  I can't remember which mag. it was though.  I will check tomorrow(left mag. at work) and let you know.  I guess Black Magic got their hands on a ZR 900 and F7.  They didn't say hardly anything about the F7 though accept at the end of the article on the 900 they said with similar mods the F7 would put out around 160hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts