Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these helments good .?? do u need elec visor for them or do they work with out them een in really cold days any comments let me know thanks.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
only time I have had a problem with my mod. helmet was in the freezing rain.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You will not need the electric visor unless your driving in freezing rain.  Only problem i ever had was the mouth peice buttons snap off.  But bombardier is basicly giving the replacement part away but its only a short time till it goes again.

·
Registered
752 Posts
No need for a heated visor. Your breath goes out the side of the helmet. Except when it is about -25C then the condensation freezes up in the breathing tubes, but most days there is no problem. I have used mine 2 seasons now and never had a moment of problems, one of the best investments I have made.They just take a bit of getting used to.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would dought it . I have only had mine freeze up twice so it's not realy a big deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run with a electric visor and I can tell you that more then a few times it would have been impossible to see with out one. Heavy wet snow and freezing ran at night causes alot of trouble even with electric visor. If I bought a modular helment I would buy one with electric visor so when need arises you plug it in and away you go. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my modular helmet. It will not fog up even if you try. The only negative i found was when I once got stuck, After digging out the sled It was hard to catch my breath. If I would have opened the front and unbuttoned the breath box I would have been ok. I have never had a problem with the buttons or snaps.

·
4,440 Posts
ahhh yes I too remember a snap or too on the mask needing replaced,just needed a lil' reminder of that though.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup.  Had it happen to me twice last year.  And my bud once.  

But my dealer just gave us the replacement parts and he gave me a set in advance.  No news if a fix is comming out.

If it breaks again, which it probably will.  I will give bombardier a Call and raise some ####.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have two HJC's one with electric heat and one without and I have foud no difference between the two.
Paul

·
4,440 Posts
machzzzz1,they already said the fix is in place they said they are using longer rivets in the snap.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
T-R-Y  T-H-E  H-E-L-M-E-T  Y-O-U  W-I-L-L  L-O-V-E  I-T!!
Catch an open house or snow show and U can buy one for $200.00 now, I payed $350.00 two years ago

Try it without the heated visor, you probably wont need it but if you do it will cost you an additional $150.00 bucks.
I have never broke a button yet, my buddy's have, but that's because they rip it off without thinking first.

P.S. happy birthday to me

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Nice Signature all out racing.  It must really do wonders for the respect you get from Mach Z and skidoo owners on this site.  

I would recommend a change.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I got one last season and i love it !  I to have had a snap break off but like the others said they replace it for free !

i have not had the need for an elctric visor but then again it was a bad 1rst season !

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Machzzzz1 @ Aug. 27, 2002, 7:15pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does the electric visor melt the condinsation in the breathing tubes[/b][/quote]
To eliminate icing up lube the breathing tubes with a little vegetable oil

·
Registered
752 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To eliminate icing up lube the breathing tubes with a little vegetable oil [/b][/quote]

LadyK we're breathing out of them not making muffins !!!!

Sorry  couldn't resist , thanks for the tip I'll give it a try

1 - 20 of 21 Posts