Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering how many of you used polaris modular helments last year.i have to wear glasses and they always fog up.was told to trie mx type helment and goggles.would like to stay with a full face.was wondering if the polaris works as good as the ski doo helment.any info would be great,thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
why take a chance, get the best one, the ski-doo modular. I don't ride sd either but they doo have the best mod helmet. Its even better than the Lazer Blizzard and they are the company that makes the SD mod.

Almost any helmet works well for the guys lucky enough NOT to wear glasses, but with glasses the SD mod is the best I have found. I never tried the Poo Mod (didn't know they had one) but I did try the HJC and the Lazer

as alway just my 2c

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just got my Ski Doo modular int he mail yesterday. This helmet is Sweeeet. I can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can't believe that nobody out there has pol. modular helment. they look as good as the skidoo but just wanted some feed back before i spent the money.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I saw a Poo mod helmet this weekend.

It sucks... let me espalin... It opens in the front like a "normal" modular but the breath mask is what sucks... it is nothing more than a flap over your nose...

this is the only reason why the bombardier mod is the best, because of the breath mask.

the doo mask makes a complete seal around your mouth and nose, if you have closter-phobia it may be a problem though... When wearing it as a test at home or at the dealer it seems very confining, but on the trail you never notice it!

I first purchased the Blizzard (the makers of the Doo helmet) and while it is much better than the Poo, its breath mask is not even close to the Doo mask.

Of course this is just my opinion, but the Poo mask still sucks! :p

The Polaris helmet looks great on the outside though, I like the point at the back!

·
Registered
230 Posts
how do the masks work when you really get suckin wind??? Like when your heated up from gettin stuck or from barely gettin outta that deep spot and you are really puffin,do they allow you to get enough fresh air??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Nolan modular helmet, great helmet if you don't wear glasses. I think the Polaris mod. has more room in front of your mouth to not blow the hot air on your glasses. I want to sell my Nolan and try a Polaris. I don't think the Ski Doo helmet will work with glasses. I tried one on and didn't seem cool, if you aren't partially blind, its probably the best helmet going, I think the Polaris helmet would be the best.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought the zeus mod with the electric shield and works even better with out the mask. I prob spent less then the rest of you on the poo mod. $175 with the shield. Works awesome! :D

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
I just got a Polaris mod for Christmas (Last years model, I like the graphics better) with an electric shield. I've only got to ride less than 20 miles on it, though. Taking a trip this weekend, I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I used a doo modular for 2 years and it never fogged once. Just remember to find a cloth that makes good refills and cut a bunch out. If your huffing your gonna be changing them. All in all it's been great.

·
Tragically Hip-OSA
5,007 Posts
My Polaris mod passed the test. Very comfortable and I didn't have any problems with fogging(electric shield). The only problem that I did have was I ran into some freezing rain and the elec. shield couldn't keep up, but other than that I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
just wondering why you are against the mx style helmets i have one and all my buddies switched after trying mine even a guy with a doo modular... hjc make a great helmet and it has a breath deflector that fits like a neckwarmer/baclava or what ever they are called. everyone thaught the helmet would be cold until they tried it and everyone said it was just as warm if not warmer. also they make perscription goggle now if that is what you thaught you would have a problem with. hope that helps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts