Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there know of somebody that can help get a little more power out of the Cat 4Stroke.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hmmm, what about a K&N filtercharger, high flow headers and a cat back exhaust system from Flowmaster???

Sorry, thats what I want to do to my truck..... just can't seem to save up the cash, always seems to disappear when I go to the bar on the weekend....  

·
Registered
138 Posts
I heard a while back that Suzuki had some performance parts for the engine. You can try checking at a Suzuki dealer if they can help you any, if not try giving Cat or Suzuki a call directly.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I saw on another snowmobile website somebody got pictures of a sled AC was testing. It's the same 4-stroke, but with turbo. It also had part of a Firecat hood riveted to the 4-stroke hood.

·
Registered
518 Posts
lol @ M10  
That's why I didn't bother puting the website up. I knew the post would get deleted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greenstreak, I saw the same info and have tracked it down to a Swedish company but so far i have not been able to get a hold of them, But I will keep trying.
Thanks,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well here is the link

www.mc-xpress.com

Just click on the button that says "TURBO",
and then scroll to the bottom and you see "Arctic Cat 660 4-takt 02" click on that and you'll get some pics.

The pics are pretty crude and you might have trouble understanding some of the words, but I'll help.

The price is about $2000, it will app. double your horse power, for '01-'02 44hp to 82hp, '03 53hp to 100+hp, and double the torque. All of this whithout increasing the fuel consumption.
And no, it doesn't use the firecat hood.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i agree
 that is  a nice sled there i wonder what it handels like

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Viking,
I tried to email to the address on the MC-Xpress web site and they get returned. I have also tried calling and always get an answering machine in Swedish which doesn't help me.
If you could get some information for me such as do they have anybody in the US that carries the kit or if I can talk to somebody at MC-Xpress that speaks English it would be most helpful.
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having owned one of these 4 strokers, I can't imagine a machine with that much torque.  I suspect there could be problems similar to the ones they had with the yamaha 4 stroke high hp unit.  Just adden the hp and not modifying the frame to take all that torque and the running gear to adjust for it could be extremely life shorting for the unit.

I pull stuff with mine and it picks up the clutch and runs with it at very low rpm.  I don't hurt for anymore torque.  Only thing to gain would be high end blurring of senery.  I don't need it, since I intend to exit this world other than round some pine tree.  But to each his own.

But I can say this ....I will never go back to a 2 stroke smoker....ever!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any one have any more info on this topic? I have three 02' Arctic 4 strokes and would like a little more power. I know the engine is suzuki- but not sure what aftermarket parts would be useful in a sled.

Erik

·
Registered
958 Posts
Cats 660 has turbo now from the factory. Supposedly 110hp. Still weighs a ton though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts