Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I take the cover off, what is there for a gasket?  If I take the cover off will I have to replace this gasket or whatever is there?  If I choose to not take the cover off for fear of destroying a gasket, what is the easiest way to get all the old fluid out of there (I don't think there is a drain plug like my arctic cats have)?

Thank You

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
What i did once was i took my shop vac, put a piece of garden hose, about 12 inches inside the black shop vac hose and sealed it with duck tape. the garden hose will fit into you chain case from the fill screw, you will be able to suck up all the oil in there. it helps leaning the sled on the side a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanR,
HMMM....Not to much traffic through the vintage part of SW.com.  Mostly just you.  I hope you know a lot about vintage ski-doos because I have a lot of questions!!
You wouldn't happen to know anywhere else that is a little more active from a vintage standpoint.  Don't get me wrong, when I have questions on my newer Cats there is plenty of traffic at SW.com for those kind of questions.

Thanks for the info, i'll try it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
mopar4u: I don't go on site too much in the summer, but any questions you have e-mail direct and I will try to answer them for you. Dino.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts