Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What single technical innovation for the 2003 model year is the most important from each manufacturer, I dont mean a complete sled, but things like new engines, chassis, electronics etc...here's my list.....

Yamaha....Hi-Po 4-stroke in a sled
Cat......"Laydown" two stroke engine
Doo......REV Chassis (may be the wave of the future)
Polaris.....did they make anything new this year?

A close second is the Firecats chassis as this may be the future as well, and a close second for Doo is SDI....leading to a true DI system, just not sure if two strokes are here to  stay?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I think that Polaris's spring program deserves recognition as does there edge pro-x models ### they are true race sleds for the trails.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Polaris didint come out with anything too extreme this year like the other manufactures did but they have indeed been inovative in the last few years just as the rest have.

·
Registered
757 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they are true race sleds for the trails.[/b][/quote]

Cat and Doo already tried that a few years ago and all it got them was complaints on how rough they rode.  At the same time the mags were telling us that 99% of us didn't need that type of sled anyway.

I've read that they are a great sled, but I guess I wouldn't call the "consumer race sled approach" innovative.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just wait 'til Polaris puts that turbo motor in their sleds...should be in the next year or two.  They might be a little late, since aft/mkts are making the turbo for the Yammi.
It would be nice to have it from the mfr. though, especially for warranty issues.  BTW, my buddy loves his ProX.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
SKIDOO - Flame Paint sceme on the Mach Z

Arctic Cat - Laydown engine.

Yamaha - 4stroke.

polaris - Nothing.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
that SDI is the songbird of the future now that it runs so clean.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Funny to look back on some of the old posts. Yeah Paul, that SDI is really something.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Aug 22 2002, 10:33 AM
SKIDOO - Flame Paint sceme on the Mach Z

Arctic Cat - Laydown engine.

Yamaha - 4stroke.

polaris - Nothing.
Even though it's 2 years old, it's still a pleasure to read the un-biased opinions of Marty, our resident Skidoo Embassador.

Polaris - no innovations. Skidoo - 'Flame Paint Scheme...' :D Now there's innovation at it's best.

·
Registered
765 Posts
SDI in my own experience is the best invention that DOO has :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Great gas milage, and Great oil milage.

Ian

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the Renegade with the 16 x 136 track has the same foot print as many other tracks that are longer. great idea.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Originally posted by Fasta Thenu@Apr 3 2004, 08:23 PM
I think RER should be on the list,
wow that's a terrible one to forget whether it is RER or PERC it's all the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts