Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what the most km you put on a sled on one day.  Me and a friend put on 580km in one day from North Bay to Cochrane.  What a long day, it started out fun but I couldn't wait to reach my destination after the seventh hour.

·
Registered
416 Posts
We did 200 miles one day. Like you said, it started out fun but by the end of the day I couldn't wait for the cold one at the end of the day. I needed a hot tub after that one.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I put on 275 mile in 4 hours on lake of the woods 2 years ago we stoped 4 times once at a winter island resort for a pop then to Kenora for a pop and a smoke then to another island resort for lunch etc then to Souix Narrows for a pop then back to the angle loaded up and drove 3hr to home.We figuered with the time we spent at our gas and soda breaks and lunch that we averaged between 95 and 110 mph on our little ride.

·
Registered
752 Posts
250 miles  in Northern Ontario . Left camp at 7 am and made lots of stops with 11 riders and got to motel at 8 pm . It was a good day . Most of the guys went right to bed ....no partying that night ...lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cough.....BS.......cough...Snorat. Average around 100mph? Come on, if yer gonna sensationalize at least make it believable.  My wife and I put on 300 miles in a day almost exactly as we pulled off the trail and into the garage in the eastern U.P.  Rode during the week just after the trails were like piss on a platter and before the troll migration north.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
One of my biggest ones was about 350kms. But normally we just ride untill we find that perfect playground in the hills and stay all day playin there.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am telling you it is true.If you ever rode what the Angle map says "Ride the Edge" you would believe me the trails on the Ontario side of Lake of the Woods are like an Interstate Highway and wide as 10 sleds and you can hold it wide open for miles on them things up there.John Corniellie will also vouch for me on this as he has been up there and when you get on the lake you better have something bigger than a 440 liquid under you or you will be eating Dust or burned down.I rode with My step father and his dealer buddy that day and we were running 700s we left the cabin at 12
0 and were back at 4
0 because I had to load up and be home intime for the wife to get to work and it is a 3 hour ride home.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acrulz33,In Northern Ontario you can easily drive 80 to 100mph, I do it and my riding partners drive the same. Tunnel Vision Rulz.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I did exactly 600 km's last year, alone, going from my cottage (notre dame de la salette) to Maniwaki, all the way to Parc Laverendry, to Mount Laurier and south to N.D. du laus where I put up my tent and slept in -30 Celcius. I had every snow conditions, from 1' powder at first, to 80 km of straight railway and some snowcross type trails. Took from 10 am to 9 pm to doo and another 2 hours the next day to get back to my cottage. I will probably try to doo another long trip next week. I'm Planning to go from my cottage to Parent (for those who know what I'm talking about) so if anybody in the area would like to doo this trip, we should hook up somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Last Year
Rode from just outside of Kitchener,Ont to my Parents in Sudbury. First day started at 9am @-4c pulled into the French River (Cedar Lodge) at midnight -31c. Not much screwing around, but  a few unplanned detours. 325miles. Next Morning had an easy 3-3.5 hour ride and made it there for lunch. 5 days 1100 miles total for the trip
150-200 miles days is farily normal, I have to travel an hour to ride most of the time so me make a day of it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Last year i did a day ride of 340 miles, from Elliot Lake to Dubreuilville, there was 3 of us from the start.  But the guy driving the ski-doo broke the rear suspension(you know right where they always break), he did 420 miles in 1 day to catch up.  He went from south of Chapleau to Hearst.  Yes that is all in miles.  Those where awsome rides.

·
Registered
124 Posts
2 years ago we went on a 230 mile ride... from noon to 5 am the next day, the last couple hours were pretty rough.  
to top it all off, the jack shaft bering went out in my snowmobile about 75 miles away from home :-/ it made it back though.

- jason

·
Registered
38 Posts
In the Up of Michigan ,We Rode from Detour Village to Kinross, West to Trout Lake, continued west thru Cut River, Over to Newberry, North to Grand Maris, back east to Pine Stump and Back to Paradise and then back to Detour. We left @ 8:30am eat late lunch at the old Alversons in Grand Marais, had a Buffalo Burger at The Yukon Inn and back at Detour Village and inside @ 9:10 pm. Miles were 396 miles Great Day of riding.  

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, there are some serious sled heads out there.   After I did the 600km day all I could think about was to throw out this mbrp race silencer, I loved it before that but my ears are still ringing.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I put 1000kms on in one day (on SkiDoo X-team racing for PC) and BOY WERE MY THUMBS SORE!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
450 in one day.  It was the best ride ever for me.  It was so good because the day started with crap conditions.  Icy and worn trails.  I was depressed.  Then out of the blue it started snowing like crasy.  The weather network said clear skies so i wasnt expecting anything.  It was night time and snowing and me and everyone else just felt like riding.  We got 7 inchs of fresh powder in no time at all.  We just drove for hours.  It was the best.  I noticed a few other people with the same idea.  The snow was so good it didnt stick to the visor.  I was crusing at about 70km, I was warm,  The Mach was running like a top, It couldnt have been better.  

It was just Me, The Snow, The 800 Triple all combine it was heaven.  I am still kicking my ### for having stoped that night.  I should have just keeped driving.  Nights like that justify why i spend the money to enjoy this sport.  

I hope everyone has had one of these rides this year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Done 250 miles one day in the bancroft area on some very ruff trails made for one long day. On another ride in New Liskeard we done 300 miles in one day on some of the best trails that I have ever seen. Would go back their in a heart beat.  

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! The most I drove for one day was 225km

But on the other hand, that was 90% off-trail with my trusty Jag AFS... Got 210km on the meter when I ran out of gas - a VERY fuel-economic sled! That's not bad cause in sweden gas costs about $3.60/gal...

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Last winter we ran 300 miles (480 km) from Elliot Lake to North Bay in the rain for 11 hours. the only good thing was the trails had been groomed the day before and east of Sudbury we didn't see another sled.

Back in '92 we ran from Baptiste Lake to Petawawa and back 530 km (328 miles) in one day. It was on a '90 Mach 1, so it wasn't immensely fun. We left at 8 AM and were back at midnight. We should have stayed over in Pembroke but 4 of the 5 were on layoff and a couple of guys were carrying on about the extra cash blah blah blah.

I guess this winter we ran from Timmins to Hearst around 220 miles, that was a good day  

1 - 20 of 27 Posts