Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think will be the most reliable sled this year, the PRO X, REV, or firecat.  ive heard bad things about the pro x's trailing arms, my friend has broken 2 on his 2001 pro x 440, but i dont know about the REV and firecat because their both so new.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I don't like where this is going to go

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
No way of knowing until the snow flies.  Even then there will be good ones and lemons as with everything.  Anything posted now would be purely opinion or just bias.

This topic will be watched closely.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I give it about a page of replies before it gets pulled!!  

A

·
0 Posts
Yep, you need to take this post lightly.  Someone is watching.  he he he  

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Meeeeeow..........Purrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Let's be frank fellow sled heads, All brands produse high quality products. Just some with better graphics He HE. All brands have had there fair share of problems whether a bad batch of cranks, sensors, stators etc. But they usuall ycorrect them and that's the key.  If you build a 1000sleds and 20 have trouble its accecptable lets say but if only 100 were made than it wouldn't be.  There will always be problems do to nature in building sleds.  Major problems can be minor with a good dealer. I think bad dealers are what causes the most trouble. They either don't fix things right ,know what to fix, or don't care when they fix it. I believe loaner sleds may become popular as some largewre dealers are starting to loan them out to valued customers. Magnum, Power Sports in petersburg<MI is a newer dealer and they have great service. People have been flocking there. I picked a sled up 9 at night once there. And the clutch was way off after a service on the sheeves and belt. They ddn't say to come back but procede to tear it down and find the trouble. After some shims she was screaming like I knew she should. The nextt time we were in there the mechanic came over and apolgized for any inconvience. That made me feel better. And as we've seen guys say lately, alot of problems are dealer set-up related.  Just my 2cents, ok 3 cents!

Caleb

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have to agree with you caleb, the dealer has alot to do with it, around here our cat dealership is bad to deal with and our ski doo dealer is a bit sticky somtimes but the yami and polaris guys are awsome, but still the ski doo dealer is selling the most sleds, i havent had any problems with the doo dealer, they have always treated me good, also around here you hear alot about doo troubles more so than anything else with the crank problem, reason being is that ski doo is the biggest selling sleds here by far so because there is so many on the trails thats what you hear about most. And also not trying to set off the cat guys but in the last few years they have ahhh nevermind.
But honestly i have been talking to our yamaha dealer alot lately and he is expecting there to be alot of complaints from the RX1 riders this year, so he dosent think its going to be all its cracked up to be, and i am thinking the same way being the first winter for it and all, but i guess we will see when the snow flies.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Caleb hit it right on.  Some other great dealers in MI are Nelson's Speed Shop in Greenville (all 4 manu.) and Gleason's Sales and Service in Bitley (AC and Pol). Gleason's is higher priced to buy sleds from but he is great for any service needed and is a real small dealer so you get more personalized attention. Nelson's are great on price and service. I have bought the last 2 at Nelson's (the last one came in 5 days after the fire). For what they have gone through the last year they have been awesome; better then most dealers who have a showroom and real parts and service center. THe sales men all come up to me when I go down there and BS for a few minutes!! Most dealers there size won't give you a second look until you shove your money in there face and as soon as your gone they forget all about you.

The ProX has been available for a few years but the FC and Rev have been in testing for about 7 years. They all are coming to the table about the same.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Unless we are able to see JD Power-type statistics for each of the manufacturers, it's just conjecture who builds the most or least reliable sleds.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I think that the Rev will be very reliable mechanicly wise because most of its components are proven.  However body, suspention and trim wise we have to wait and see.  That rear snowflap on the rev is questionable, the suspention very radicle, lots of plastic trim that may present a problem like knee wind deflectors, hand protecters.  But either way i trust bombarder and my dealer that they will be fixed and corrected before the end of the season.  

As for ARCTIC CAT and Yamaha.  

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Geez, I take a week off, and when I come back, your all so civilized.

What the #### happened  

FishHog

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Fellow Sled Heads,
    I'm not really a fan of the REV's looks I admit. It's a great concept and exucution. It may have several pieces causing trouble but hey, it's a first run sled so we'll be kind as with the others. But out of the REV, RX-1, and Firecat the only visible thing that really sticks out is that darn rear flap on the REV. I mean what were they thinking. Most of the demo footage shows it not on the sled. So the Flap shall get the Flack!
By Caleb  

·
Registered
268 Posts
While I agree it looks goofy the flap is to help keep snow up in the tunnel for cooling of the heat exchanger. Form following function. Although someone posted a pic of an extended track REV that looked cool.

I think the REV seat should be a couple inches longer so the taller rider can stretch the legs a bit without having to stop and get off.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
When the ski-doo tour came through town, the first thing I thought when I saw the REV is that all the plastic is going to fall off after 3 seasons.  No durability there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts