Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am beginning a restoration project on my old '74 Moto Ski Grand Sport 440. I have a few questions, mainly with replacement/new parts, and vintage literature (especially '74 Moto Ski).
To begin with, does anyone know of vintage sled parts places? I am especially looking for suspension stuff, track, sliders, etc, etc. I have a blown track, and it is an odd ball dimension. I knew about 10 yrs ago I could have bought a new one from Dennis Kirk, but now they do not list hardly any old sleds in the book.
I am also looking for any literature on the '74 Moto Ski, sales flyers, repair manual, anything relative to the '74 model yr.
I have had this sled since the late '70s, it is nice shape, but needs a restoration. This is a quick little sled, 440 BSE fan cooled engine, I had a lot of fun with this sled for alot of yrs. I decided it is time to restore this great little sled.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice project. I love the early Moto-Ski's. Too bad Skidoo messed them up.
Parts are going to be tough to find but not impossible. Ebay is one place that has parts. I see a few new tracks a year on there. Bearings should be readily availabe from any bearing supply store. Do a search on "Google" using "moto-ski" or "moto ski" and a lot of sites pop up. I'm sure if you contact them you can get a lot of leads. I hope to find an early model myself someday, out of room now ! On eBay
parts are often listed under "motor ski"

Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It is funny you had mentioned e-bay, I noticed some old stuff on there last night.
I also have a second project all ready to go as well, a '79 AC Pantera 500 fan. I bought that Pantera about 12 yrs ago, re-built it once already, (blew it up experimenting with gearing, clutching, and jetting on a warm day does not mix). I figured I would like to re-build that one after I finish the Moto Ski. It is quite a nice sled for its yr.
I'll Post photos of the Moto Ski project soon. I love working on these old sleds.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

·
10,054 Posts
Johns Recreation

try this link, it is a place that deals with a LOT of older parts,,,they were able to get me brand new clutch springs for a 76 liquirfire (both drive clutch and driven clutch),,,, he has lot of parts and will do anything he can to deal with you,,,,

let me know if this helps
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts