Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything on the new mountain cats, namely the 900?  I am glad to see that they have reduced some of the weight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The new 900 is awesome! It feels like a 600, and is scary fast. The new track angle is a nice improvement in the deep snow - and it climbs like nothing else. The lightweight, detatchable seat is a great idea. Cat really did their homework on the 03 Mountain Cats. Finally!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wildchild,
sounds good to me, but what do you do with a detachable seat?  thats an interesting one to me.  There are rumors the 900 isn't as powerful as the 800, what do you think?  where did you ride it at?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't believe they don't offer a 900 with EFI!  I like many of the new things they did with the mountain cat...but no EFI?  NO WAY!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crazy, if you are looking for a mountain sled, buy the 900. I`ve been riding it here in British Columbia for 2 weeks, and can`t get the smile off my face. It has a noticeable power increase over the 800, and pulls the 151 track better. The seat detatches to hold a collapsable shovel underneath. The shovel is a must in the mountains. If you`ve never spent half a day digging your sled out of 6 feet of fresh powder, you`ve never been snowmobiling. Cat really made good sleds for 03, so get one and try to wipe off that smile!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I finally bought a new snowmobile!!!!!  2002 600 efi AND I LOVE IT!!!!   I've been holdin off because I was thinking they should reduce the weight,  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell the 2003 are out and this same machine is now 30 pounds lighter and the 900 is the same weight with 40 more horsepower!!!

what did AC do to reduce the 2003 600 by 30 pounds???  Can I do it economically to my 2002

1 - 10 of 10 Posts