Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year at the Big East Snowmobile Show I picked up the video "Brap". Thought it was pretty cool... great mountain/powder riding. Great to watch for a guy like me who only can dream of what it might be like to ride in those conditions being from the northeast... we jokingly refer to ourselves as "dirt riders" -- get more mud in the track than snow.

So, I was looking forward to picking up the sequel to "Brap" at the show this year. I plopped down my $25 bucks for "Brap, Brap" and was thinking about the great powder riding sequnces that I would be watching soon... this thing is bad... what happened to all the powder... most of the video was parking lot jumps and heel clicker after heel clicker. Don't get me wrong... I like watching the freestyle guys... but man, those huge powder drops and leaps get the old blood flowin'...

Can anybody recommend any good powder/mountain riding videos?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 2 Stroke Cold Smoke video series has some good mountain/powder scenes in them. As does the Slednecks series. They both have their share of heel clickers, jumps, etc. I've never heard of a video with pure mountain riding being shown.

·
Registered
384 Posts
try roops of hazard....its an awesome video...lots of mnt and powder

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try "Heaven found, on Powder Mountain". It's all deep powder mountain riding in the Big Horns. They also have Wild Wild Winter and Wired for Action.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i would say your best bet is slednecks1-4 they are all awsome vids :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try this years "Slednecks" it's got some of the sickest drops I've ever seen. Alot of the riders in BRAAAP BRAAAP grew up here. Jay Quilin, Tim Needles and Ryan Britt. I've seen these boys do some drops that rival the ones in Slednecks. I remember when those little farts used to follow me and my buds around. Everytime they saw anything with more than a 2ft. drop....off they'd go! Check out (on BRAAAP BRAAAP) the little 13yr. old on the ZR500. That's my SON!! Scaring the H$&# out of me!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Congrats Iron Dog on the video you must be a proud dad. :D Looks like we have more famous people on here. I'm gonna have to check that out.
As well as the other vids recomended check out the powder bound series.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with skidoorev, braaap, braap is horid... I watched it the other night with my buddy and told him he should send the tape back, refund or not...

If any of the guys who are associated with the tape read this post... smooth out your editing, let us see the landings, and get better music... it was painful to watch... and take the freakin cars out of it. Any idiot can smoke tires.

As a positive... you guys have good talent, much better riders than I am, but I prefer the powder riding as well... a jump from a ramp that's already calculated doesn't really impress me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great info... time to break out the plastic and order some new videos! :D Maybe we should start a "Video Review" forum so we can post reviews... develop some kind of rating system like 1 to 5 studs -- 5 studs = the highest quality in content, soundtrack and video quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Oct 24 2002, 06:49 AM
Congrats Iron Dog on the video you must be a proud dad. :D Looks like we have more famous people on here. I'm gonna have to check that out.
As well as the other vids recomended check out the powder bound series.
Thanks permafrost :) Yeah, I'm proud of him alright. Still scares the h#$% out of me though. I guess I can only blame his teacher. I gotta agree with Toadie, this year's BRAAAP BRAAAP sucks compared to last year. I heard they were late getting the footage into editing. The producer (Jesse) wasn't a happy camper when the first 500 units came out. He cleaned it up a lot and added some more footage on the DVD (He showed me a copy last week) it came out a lot better!! So don't buy the VHS. The DVD should be out anytime.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
OMG<OMG are you guys missing a killer all mountain and water(you gotta seeit) video,THUNDERSTRUCK. Kicked arse and i got it and roops of hazard for $10 from T Cat at Novi at his booth. S4 rocks so much also. Highmarking to the extreme in THUNDERSTRUCk and they're killin it on the water, you goatta see it to believe it.
Caleb

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll back Sled Dogg with Thunderstruck, sick movie!! No staged jumps persay. Just lots big mountain riding with crazy hill climbs and the Mxz tearing up a lake. Hey Sled Dogg, what did you think of that 1620cc mod hill climber.......Crazy!!!!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by Toadie@Oct 24 2002, 09:27 AM
I agree with skidoorev, braaap, braap is horid... I watched it the other night with my buddy and told him he should send the tape back, refund or not...

If any of the guys who are associated with the tape read this post... smooth out your editing, let us see the landings, and get better music... it was painful to watch... and take the freakin cars out of it. Any idiot can smoke tires.

As a positive... you guys have good talent, much better riders than I am, but I prefer the powder riding as well... a jump from a ramp that's already calculated doesn't really impress me.
Iagree toadee the movie sucks bad. I bought it at our local SkiDoo dealer and will return it..refund or not...

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thanxs guys for the thunderstruck review. I am definately gonna be getting that one. Sounds like my kinda VID

·
Registered
539 Posts
:thumbsup: Well I did it today. Thought the sequil stunk so took it back to my dealer...He gave me my money back. Darn near fell over, so I purchased ThunderStruck and Roops of Hazard 4...both are awsome.... SWRules

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Watched 2SCS5 last night... pretty good although parts of it seemed "fuzzy". Cool powder riding mixed in with some natural and man made freestyle clips. I think that I still like the FIRST "Braap" better. Picture was SUPER CLEAR... thought I was right there with them!

I would rate 2SCS5 as four out of five studs. :)

Still have to order Slednecks Series.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts