Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going on a mountain riding vacation in Revelstoke next season,can anyone recommend lodging,sled rentals(ski-doo summits)and riding areas.We are totally new to this as we live on the flatest place on the planet.I have always been interested in trying this type of sledding and it looks like its a go for febuary.Anyone have any sound advice for us flatlanders.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACM,we are planning around the first week in February.I am just wondering about sled rentals as our own machines are no good for this.Do you know who rents them there by chance.When were you planning on going,maybe we can meet up with you for some riding while we're there?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Headgasket,  contact DNR perfomance. They are a skidoo dealer and rent summits up to 800cc.  They are located at the foot of baulder MT. You can ride from the door.  Have to trailer from all other spots.

Here is a couple links to help you outsledrevelstoke.com
peaks lodge---ride from the door, next to DNR performance

revelstoke bc chamber of commerce

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Permafrost,thanks for the info.I will definitely give DNR a call.

·
Registered
115 Posts
  Hey headgasket, make sure you follow through with those plans and you will be hooked on mountain riding for life. Not to knock trail or lake riding (i do this as well ) but the things you can see at 8000,9000 plus feet are unreal. I live a few hours from there, planned on a trip there the last two years and have yet to make it. But there are so many mountains in B.C., and trails its hard to get to these spots in a season of riding. You will definetly love it.          P.S. I hear there are still guys and gals riding in plenty of snow, yes its almost june and time for the beach but the mountains are still calling....................

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Summit 700 i hear you man!this is not some spur of the moment thing,i have been thinking about this for some time and can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Some guys at work went to Revelstoke in March and had rented a complete package for 5 days. It included 700 Mountain Max's, accomodations, meals, fuel and, most important if you are new to the area, a guide. Cost $1200 each. If interested I can find out who they booked through.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bobber,thanx for the offer but i have everything in check.Getting a guide is something worth noting though,besides that I was looking forward to trying the ski-doo mountain blasters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
: My wife and I go to Revelstoke every year and stay at Glacier House Lodge.  They have a lodge there as well as log cabins with gas fireplaces.  The lodge has a swimming pool, hot tub, bar and restraunt and lodge rooms.  We prefer to stay at one of the log cabins.  You just unload once and can snowmobile right from the lodge.  They rent Yamaha sleds there and you can get a guide there as well.  The owners are Alex and Lia and will help you with anything you may need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts