Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount the jack for a heated shield in the middle of that little cover below the handlebars.  Where is the accessory plug(2001 ZR)?  Thanks in the pretense!

·
Registered
315 Posts
If i remember correctly, once you take that cover off below the handle bars on the gas tank. You should be able to see a connector with a male/female end exposed. there may be some thing connected right next to it. I know with some heated sheilds like mine you need to get the adaptor from the dealer so you can plug into the harness on the sled. It all depends on the conector your shield came with. But you should have no problems finding the open connector under that plastic cover.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Boatman,

Ironwill is correct, as there is an accessory plug in behind the cover piece you describe.
picture of console

On my 2001 zrt6 I used a dremel tool to cut out the appropriate size hole for the AC heat shield plug in to fit in this piece.  Make sure you measure the "sweep" of your handle bars to make sure it doesn't interfer with your shield cord when it's pluged in.  I had to mount my AC plug-in as close to the gas tank side of this cover as possible to avoid contact with the handle bar pad when the handle bars are turned max left/right.  

On our 01' pantera, I had to mount the plug in on the side of this console as the handle bars are of a different shape and would have interfered with the cord on max turns left/right.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts