Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my 800 Mtn Cat EFI, thinking of adding a Spedwerx pipe and silencer combo. They say it works great with the EFI.
Anyone have experience on this subject?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have talked to a few different companies about pipes and EFI in the newer "no tamper" EFI systems I have gotten mixed answers. Black Magic simply stated that if you put a pipe on these sleds you are pretty much putting an expensive stock pipe on it. When I talked to a couple of reps from D&D they said that their pipe/silencer combo DOES make power on the 800's. My understanding is that it does this by leaning it out a little bit and bringing the air/fuel mix closer to "spot on" since the 800's and 900's run a little fatter than the 600's (which is what I run. The guys from D&D also said that they had a few guys even running their twin pipes on a fuelie 600 AT ALTITUDE. Take this info for what it's worth, but in my opinion if you want to make big power with pipes and other mods you wanna go "old school" and go with a carb sled next time.
--Bleedin' :devil:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I heard you can send the chip in to AC race dept on the new ones and get it reprogrammed for like $150. Would probably do the same thing there doing with the pipes being they can't play with the chip themselves. It would also be alot cheaper. Something to check into anyway. The biggest downfall was it voided the warranty if your still under warranty otherwise who cares.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i bought a speedwerx "fat daddy" pipe for my 800efi a few weeks ago and here is what i had to do (per instructions) 1. disconnect the "fuel designation connector" and 2. remove the air-intake silencer. speedwerx claims 7-8 hp over stock on efi models and the pipe comes ceramic coated, i like it. late, matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts