Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trail 7 & 8 are groomed and now tree free!!!!! They are in pretty good shape late today. One of the locals stopped in to let us know. It's for real!!!

Our groomers are running right now keeping our trails sharp as ever!!!

Digger

·
Registered
99 Posts
Digger,

Thanks for keeping us all up to date. I will be up there 1 week from today. 1 quick question. I have been reading the Michigan DNR page. Can my son (13 years old) ride the trails with me if I bring him. He has not taken the Michigan snowmobile safety class. I have read a few different things, if I am reading it right he can ride with me as long as he is riding with someone over 21. I would REALLY like to take him riding UP there on the trails.

Thanks as always for the information!

Shane

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Digger,

Thanks for keeping us all up to date. I will be up there 1 week from today. 1 quick question. I have been reading the Michigan DNR page. Can my son (13 years old) ride the trails with me if I bring him. He has not taken the Michigan snowmobile safety class. I have read a few different things, if I am reading it right he can ride with me as long as he is riding with someone over 21. I would REALLY like to take him riding UP there on the trails.

Shane[/b]
If Indiana doesn't require the class and your son is compitent at handling a sled, I don't see a problem. How could they expect you to take classes that are so far away. Or if he has taken a class in Indiana; that should be sufficient.

Maybe someone else can answer this better that I can.

Digger

·
Registered
120 Posts
Digger,

Shane[/b]

As far as I know.......

Your son can ride up north with you on the trails as long as he can handle a snowmobile. If he has taken a snowmobile safety class in any state, he can ride and cross roads.... The trouble that you are going to run into is if he doesn't have a license he is not supposed to cross any roadways unless he has that permit from the class...... My brother took his step daughter last year and she was 15...... So he got all the information before hand......

Hope that helps.......

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts