Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was notified that we will be running a snocross at a MX track in Republic, MI and was wondering if any of the SW members new this track and could tell me what it is like? We will be there Dec 15-16 with the NWC Northern WI / UP MI WSA snocross regionals. Have they run snocross events in the past or is this something new that they are wanting to try? Is it in a hilly area and use the natural terrain for the track or in a field with all man made obstacles??

I wish they would run snocross events on the Spring Valley MX track (Millville, MN) where the national outdoor series run. I have raced that track quite a few times in MX back in '96 & '97 but haven't been there since to race. Injured my back and had to stop riding MX.  

Thanks for any info you can give. Would like to have an idea of what the track might be like before showing up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know some people who live in republic, I have never been to the track. But if I had to gusses I would Say Man made. The area is very hilly. Lots of Iron Ore, rock faces, sink holes. Some nasty Stuff to  ride around but I here the track is pretty nice. If you go trail riding
Stay On The Trail!! There are lots of old Mine shafts in the woods up in that area some are only a couple of feet off the trails.Also if you get a chance check out the old mine. Its by the park in town,you go all the way toward the south end of the park and you will see a old looking platform and probly some danger sighs and what not, go up on the platform and wou will see whats left of the mine. There should be a very large hole in the ground (1/2mile widex 300feet deep.
I hope some of this helps a little bit.

KEEP IT CLEAN!

Last edited by WINTERFREAK at Sep. 19, 2002, 5:05pm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts