Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The ZX will definitely ride better than the S...or so I'm told. Powerwise it will not be all that different. It's always nice to upgrade.  

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is only an upgrade to the ZX if you get a 2000 or newer.  The 1999 still had the SC10 rear suspension.  It would not be worth trading a S chassis with a bulletproof rotary valve 583 for a 99 with the same SC10 rear suspension. JMO

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
OH yeah...forgot about the 99's...good point

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The biggest difference you will notice is the better handling and lighter feeling of the zx.I've had both and the zx is far better in my opinion.Hope this helps ya.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd say just stick with the 98 if you are happy with it now because I don't really see all the difference in the zx except the sc10 II suspension. To me the ski lift was just as bad in the zx.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The 600 zx is far more responsive, I've seen these 2 sleds race many times (583 & 600) My buddy had a mxz 583, my other buddy still has his 99 600. The 600 will beat the 583 any time. Especially off the line. Like the others said don't get one unless it's a 2000 or newer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts