Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to keep up with 700's.think i might try v-force reeds lightwieght silencer,and possibly a cylindr spacer kit but i'm not sure how that works,and what other mods go with it? ???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would suggest keeping it stock, except for clutching. Try 287 ramps, 17.4 grams of pin weight, 52-48 or 54-48 helix, 18-20lbs. on the secondary, and primary spring would be a 230-350, or 200-350. Rpm's should be 7700-7900. This is a good baseline and tune from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by idooski@Sep 29 2002, 04:10 PM
Or you could just put a 700 motor in it and leave the 600 stickers on it. :p :p
That's always a good way to go about beating a 700. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
h20, ive got a MXZ 600, this is what you could do if you want to make your sled have more hp, and be faster: SLP single pipe (+8hp), RkTek head (+6hp), Vforce 2 or 3 reeds (+?hp), goodwin or heelclicker clutch kit. That should get you going good. All that should cost around $1250.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Originally posted by 02MXZ600+Sep 29 2002, 04:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (02MXZ600 @ Sep 29 2002, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--idooski@Sep 29 2002, 04:10 PM
Or you could just put a 700 motor in it and leave the 600 stickers on it. :p  :p
That's always a good way to go about beating a 700. :)[/b][/quote]
I was just ribbin'... but it might work. :p

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was thinking about putting 700 decals on my 800. That would give those F7s a scare.

·
Registered
310 Posts
haha, do it!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Sep 29 2002, 05:13 PM
h20, ive got a MXZ 600, this is what you could do if you want to make your sled have more hp, and be faster: SLP single pipe (+8hp), RkTek head (+6hp), Vforce 2 or 3 reeds (+?hp), goodwin or heelclicker clutch kit. That should get you going good. All that should cost around $1250.
Where would be a good place to pick up these parts? I would love to start modding the machine this winter. Thanks.
PS Places on the internet would be the most ideal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
02MXZ600, try these sites out, www.mcbperformance.com, www.hiperf.com, www.slp.cc (yes .cc NOT .com) will have info on the pipe. And for the RkTek head, your going to have to order it from Kelsey. PM me and I will give you his number. www.hiperf.com has an AWESOME deal on the Vforce 2 reeds, ONLY $189! You should get the SLP pipe and reeds from them. Call Kelsey up, and have him make your head, then call Goodwin up and tell them everything youve done to your sled, your weight, the way you ride... etc.... they will make a kit JUST for YOUR sled and you.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I like the 600 stickers on the 700 myself :D .sounds like something I have seen before.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Originally posted by sledcrazy@Sep 29 2002, 08:59 PM
02MXZ600, try these sites out, www.mcbperformance.com, www.hiperf.com, www.slp.cc (yes .cc NOT .com) will have info on the pipe. And for the RkTek head, your going to have to order it from Kelsey. PM me and I will give you his number. www.hiperf.com has an AWESOME deal on the Vforce 2 reeds, ONLY $189! You should get the SLP pipe and reeds from them. Call Kelsey up, and have him make your head, then call Goodwin up and tell them everything youve done to your sled, your weight, the way you ride... etc.... they will make a kit JUST for YOUR sled and you.
Thanks a lot for the info. I'll check those pages out and try to figure what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry didn't get back sooner painting house,is that a reliable set up with the pipe ,head and all,i mean my old 96 xp turned into a tuning nightmare afteri unloaded abuot 2k into the moter and pump it would run rich if the sun went away.

·
Registered
310 Posts
why didnt you change the jetting?? and yes that setup would be very reliable. the RkTek head will be a VERY GOOD thing to do, I havent gotten mine yet, but everyone whos got one said it wakes mxz's up a LOT.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sledcrazy what octane head did you get?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
madsledhead. What does raising the port timing doo? Doo you have to mill the head for proper squish?What octane fuel? Where's the power at (rpm wise) with that set up?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
raising the port timing moves the power to higher rpm,and yes you would need to cut the head.really I would not buy the single pipe,not worth the money.do as kid rocker said first and see if that makes you happy.I would also add boyesen reeds to clean up the throttle response.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Something about doo twins.. I too would stay away from pipes, at least if your a semi average trail rider, unless you have tons of patience and lots of tuning skill, and if you doo have these attributes than more power to ya.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hey Ballsout1, nice to hear from you. How is the race season going? Been awhile my friend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts