Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some mods for my sled. Does anyone have some idea's.. I have a 2000 mxz 600 with a long track kit and a 1.5 inch track.. Can someone give me some ideas??

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
There are numerous things you can do to the sled but what do you want to acheive? Reeds will make a very very slight improvement. No real big hp gain from what I've seen and been told. Cans are nice if you want to shed a few pounds but again there seems to be no huge gain in hp. Do you want more power? Or want to drop some pounds or gain some performace from clutching ? Before you just start adding things figure out what you want to achieve and work from there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Guys .
I wasn't to specific. I'm looking for a little mid range and some more top end. It has good take off right know but i don't really want to lose that. I raced a 600 rmk and lost. I get him on the hole shot but then they pull on me after about 300 to 400 feet. i ride mostly powder and the sled goes good but i hate losing on 660. If you know what i mean.. I have a 136 long track kit

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Hey EJ good to hear from you again. I hope you are not worried about your co-workers new sled. ;)

Maybe change your gearing or get a clutch kit or both :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
hi ej.....what are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Best setup for the 600 is a SLP pipe, and corresponding clutching. Goodwin offers a kit for that sled with the SLP ppipe.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Use 287 Ramps, 17-18.4 grams of pin weight, to obtain your rpm's on top. 52-48 helix, 200-350 primary spring. This setup will work nicely for you. If you can hook up really well with your track use 230-350 primary.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it is a 2000 MXZ 600, replace the stock 281 ramps with 293x or 296x ramps. They are almost the same but the 296x's allow a little more rpm's on the top end. But both work great!
Leave the pin weight stock. Change primary spring to 250-380 Green/White Part number 415 019 400. If you dont like how high it engages, change primary spring to a 230-380 Pink/White.
Next, Replace stock helix with 53/47 coated one, and set the preload at approx. 19-20 pounds.
Oh yea, put the primary adjusters on #3 or #4. I prefer #3.
This set up rocks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive got the SLP pipe and goodwin kit, and vforce 2 reeds on my MXZ 600. GREAT SETUP. I reccomend this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sledcrazy,
Where did u notice the most power increase low, mid, or top end. I really like the way my MXZ 600 launches but it tops out VERY fast. Looking for some more top end without compromising low end. Iwas thinking of the Goodwin clutch kit but don't want it to top out even sooner than stock clutching.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the RK TEK head on my wife's 600dlx and it was well worth the price. Blows right through the origional clutching. Major improvement in the midrange. Sled was way faster without rejetting or clutching and once dialed in is phenominal. Ronzx9.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Where did you buy this head and about how mucch does it cost. Also no jetting or mods. need to be done after instalation.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
There is a procedure to getting an RK Tech head. First the stock head has to be removed, and a couple of measurements have to be taken. The engine has to be rolled over to TDC. A measurment as to how high the piston sticks up over the top of the cylinders. Then, a measurment has to be taken from the top of the cylinders, down to the corner of the piston below the cylinder height.

Jacked - Feel free to email me, we can discuss all the exact details.

[email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks 800MXZ, Do u know the price off hand to Decide whether it's worth it to take the heads off and take the measurements?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts