Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know from those with the experience of a  STOCK mxz 700 what your miles per gallon are if in u.s. gallon i'll figure it out.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Paul...the highest I've gotten with my 670 is 100 miles to a 10.7 gallon tank. If that means anything to you.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rocketman,
 we had to go 148 miles once to get gas on the weekend. i like the 80th anniversery sled and i know where there is one new so my thoughts are, well you know. guess i am going to change my post and ask for stock mxz 700's.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yeah...but I figured...670---> 700...close enough!  
 The newer 700's with reeds probably get about 120miles to a tank.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rocketman,
 no problem my thinking is i did not want someone to post a piped, ported & geared sled and say what his goes for mpg because that wouldn't be close.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
mine is stock on the inside....

·
Registered
530 Posts
My brother got about 100-110 to the tank on his 02 MXZ DPM.  I dont know if the DPM helps with the fuel econ at all.  But I thought I would throw it in there.  Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
last weekend i ran from hornepayne to hearst  and didn't fill up at the gas stop at highway 11, i ran 115 miles on a tank and when i filled up in hearst i put in 39 litres. i ride a 02 700 80th ann. i get great mileage trail riding but poor mileage running lakes and playing in the snow. this weekend i rode to wawa and of all seven sleds there was only one better on fuel and that was a 500 deluxe with a lady driving it. also i thought i was using lots of oil early in the winter but the pump must have been stuck open. on one trip i got 400 kms. to an oil tank or 100 kms. to a litre  but the last two trips i've been getting 250-300 kms. per litre. i have 3300 kms. on my sled so it is broken-in. hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i forgot to ask what are you driving now? i rode a 00 700mxz for two years and i get the same mileage with the 02. both sleds had dpm. i wouldn't buy a new one without it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am running a 99.5 mxz700 with DPM.  I have gone as far as 120 miles on a tank without getting stranded.  I would say that was about the limit though.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
middle age crazy,
 i ride a 500 mxz, we were in sudbury and went to shining tree only to find out they were out of petro. i know where there is a sled new like yours and would love it but between one fill up we had to go 148 miles, will a 02 700 mxz with dpm go that far on a tank ?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mxz7,
 that's your moms old boyfriend and you can thank rocketman for that i couldn't get it to work so he fixed it up like saturday night.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey wait a second there i just have a little bit of a high forehead, take a closer look darn you.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Nope Paul sorry but 150 is the best i did.  It has the dpm so it should be jetted correctly and no matter how hard or easy i drive it it always gets about 150 if not less.  There is no problems with it and the heated carbs are off unless it is really cold.  This is what you have to expect.  

On my 600 grand touring i get about 170 and on my mxz 500 i get about 180.  On my mach I get about 160.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey no offense Paul, but I think you will pickup more sled babes with your old pic.

LOL

FishHog

Atleast I do, and mines a fish.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts