Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend my buddys and I held are annual grass drag, and the match up of the day was a 2000 mxz 700 vs 2003 rev x 600 h.o. My thinking would be it that it would be close, not the case. The 700 smoked the H.O. by 4-5 sled lengths in 400 ft. I know that the H.O still has to break in yet ,but i and everybody else thought it would be closer. This happened about 5 or 6 runs. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yup. I got some thoughts. I just finished racing on Sunday. I was running a 600 ho and there was one other 600 rev there.
We won the 600 sp, 600 oem, 700 sp and lost to an srx in the 700 oem finals.
We raced against 700 mxzs and didnt lose except to one of them.
I even made it to the semis in the 800 sp class.
I guess my point is that a well set up sled can do wonders against a not so well set up sled.
There is a few keys to getting the rev to work on grass, with out doing that they have alot of drag against them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I should also add that in 500 ft anything can happen.
If the race were to be longer I can see the 700s pulling on the revs.
The rev 6s are strong in their class but I dont think they will be stompen
on all the 700s. They will give them a good go but......there is no replacement for displacement. :thumbsup:

Louis.......I had to do a whole lotta testen and phonen and a drinken to get my results but.......one thing the rev absolutely needs is to have the front tied down and the rear suspension set up properly.
:sly: Have a good day.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The revs, from what I sumize are very hard to set up as far as suspension, and if I`m wrong on my take, feel free to correct me. Grass draggin doesent leave much to chance, nor room for error, and with the semi large number of revs out there there are alot that wont live up to expectations. The potential is there, but the people that know how to dial them in arn`t taking alot of time explaining why they are the ones winning, hard to beleive, eh?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i know that there is some set up to be done when the winter comes and i know the engine + chip need to break in. But from what the dealer told us and what we seen for performance, it was day and night.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stock for stock I can hand with mxz 700 and 800 to 70 75 ( that's about 510 feet.

I have a 1999 mxz 600

the new ho's are supposed to be pretty strong. Can;t wait to line up with on, but then i will have my clutch kit :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Must hasve been a good running 700 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I read in a magazine(I think snowtech) and they had a article where ski-doo was answering questions most asked and one was "are the rev's going to be faster than the previous MXZ's. Ski-doo replied the revs are not built to be faster, they are built to handle better and be the most comfortable sled to ride, the said the rev 800 will probably have the same and maybe a bit more top end speed thans previous mxz 800's but it depends. I thought the rev would be a lot faster because of a better power to weight transfer, but I learned this wasn't true

Joshua

1 - 10 of 10 Posts