Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the 2002 pistons?  As some of you may know I lost half of my motor.  The cylinder went to Millenium and has come back looking like new.  The piston that we ordered for my sled is actually a 2002 and different than the other side.  Apparently Doo changed the pistons for this sled and so I'm stuck with either having two different pistons in there (which seems like a bad choice) or buying one for the other side also at $151 a piece!  Unfortunately that is the route I'm taking since my dealer says it is a much better piston than the older ones.  They are moly coated and just appear to have better fit and finish.

Anyone know the scoop on them?  

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sledboy,

There are actually 4 different pistons for the 700.  They all have some differences.  The 99 pistons were different than the 2000,01, and 02.  You can interchange all the 00, 01, and 02 pistons.  The canadian engine has different pistons also.  The molly coated pistons come as replacement for the 00 and 01.  They also have oil grooves cut in them.  The bottom line is you can use any piston from 00 up.  They do not even have any more "original" 00 pistons left, they have all been updated to at least 01's.  You will be fine with not changing it.

GLHRACING

1 - 2 of 2 Posts