Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
BR9ECS were fitted by the dealer at the piston recall. Supposed to reduce likelihood of detonation over BR9ES OEM's.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
What's the difference between BR9ES, BR9ECS and BR9EYA??

·
Registered
9 Posts
the BR9ES and the BR9ECS are basically the same except the ECS ground electrode is shorter and the inner part at the end of the threads is beveled. less metal means less heat. the BR9EYA has a longer V-grooved center electrode than the ES.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am going to run the br9es. the ecs plug they put in for the recall doesnt impress me at all for $7 a plug. I have run the br9es plugs in race motors for jet skiis and they ran better than any hi dollar race plug i ever used. thanks for the replys guys. happy sleddin.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't think they claim the br9ecs to be a race plug.  I was told that the br9es could really be anywhere from a 6 to a 9 as far as heat.  But the br9ecs will be a 9 spot on, so you know exactly what you are getting.  Sounds like cheap insurance to me.  I'm putting them in mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you get your info on the ES having such a wide variance vs the ECS being 'spot on' ? I'd just like to know, cuz I run ES's in a race engine,  too...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just what the mechanic at the Doo dealership told me.  He said he called them to get justification on using those plugs versus the es.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts