Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got any experience or knowledge of the performance gains or losses with the installation of these kits, if so which conpanies works the best????. horsepower gains and reliablity.

ARE THEY WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY????

·
Registered
739 Posts
Check out MCBPerformance.com- they do a break down of different mods(pipe,reeds,shim kit,etc.) and the hp increases from a dyno. Without porting, I think it's like 3-4hp increase. Shouldn't be any reliability issues, especially if you just cut the head back down to stock squish.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
glad too see your still around butch.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have done a couple of these and they work quite well and like Butch siad, reliability is not an issue. Good mod for the $$$.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I went with Bill Cudney's kit after many e-mails and phone calls.The price was fair and he has always answered my questions ;)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i use yamabond on them to help seal. It is some great stuff! Bill has the best setup and easiest to install and setup. Everything comes in one box.

bad doo- WHere do you live?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Bill is located in Ontario as well.For how cheap the shipping was it wasn't worth the drive out to get it as i'de burn like $50 in gas round trip ;) I'm still waitin for my rings from ski-doo as well.If i don't get em for free someone will be walking funny with a ring hangin outa there arse. :angry:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use a 1mm shim sandwiched between 2 .5mm gaskets, so the lift is 1.5mm over stock. The shim and gasket stack needs to be "ported" as both hang into the transfers slightly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts