Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading in another thread about how if you pic the outter part of the track it will destroy the track, is that true?.... the mxz 800x i am buying soon has 192 studs and the track is riddled with studs, and all but 4 are in the track..... i'm sure that i'll need to get a new track sooner or later, how much faster will the track wear? b/c i wont have a problem getting a new track with studs when the time comes.... i'll make sure teh studs are 2 inches in from the outside or whatever....

thanks

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
i was reading in another thread about how if you pic the outter part of the track it will destroy the track, is that true?.... the mxz 800x i am buying soon has 192 studs and the track is riddled with studs, and all but 4 are in the track..... i'm sure that i'll need to get a new track sooner or later, how much faster will the track wear? b/c i wont have a problem getting a new track with studs when the time comes.... i'll make sure teh studs are 2 inches in from the outside or whatever....

thanks[/b]

I was worried about that same thing when I bought my Cat already studded (on the outside as well) but honestly, if you use common sense and don't spin it on roadways or in low snow conditions, you might be amazed at how well it'll hold up.
I have ridden over 2,000 miles thus far with mine, with no track damage or missing studs.... :thumbsup:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
over 5000 miles on my old track with studs out there. the 2 missing are on the inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts