·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 mxz 600, this is the list of stuff im getting

carbontech reeds  +1hp
dynoport silencer  +1.5hp
dynoport mod pipe  +6hp
RkTek engine head  +12mph  (what do you guys think of these heads??  and how much HP do they add??)
Dial-A-Jet
Fett reed spacers
supertourqer heel clicker clutch kit
camoplast predator 1inch track
144 gold digger picks
MX Z X suspension.

Is there anything else you guys think I should do??, I want to get around 130hp.  So if you guys think there is anything wrong with any of those mods, tell me, and see what else would work instead of those.  I WANT TO GET AROUND 130HP though, so just tell me what else will work.  just want some opinions on these mods.  thanks guys.

·
Registered
171 Posts
two things:
1) I would suggest you get a Holtzman tempaflow or variflow instead of the Dial A Jet
2) I have a Heel Clicker kit (with many extra tuning fasteners) that I would part with if you are interested.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The RK Tek heads are great. The watchout on these heads is lean midrange jetting if you get the carbs right for WOT. The next thin to get is EGT gauges. These are a must once you  start moding your motor. I would go with that and not bother with the other stuff. You will have a tough time making an honest 130HP with the 600. If you want an awesome trail sled call Rick "MacDizzy" Kirmil and see if he can port your barrels before winter. Go to macdizzy.com and check out his website. That would be the best $ you could spend. Good Luck, ronzx9.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would say get the head, run a MBRP trail silencer, the sock pipe, Vforce and use some good clutching. Do not use the spacers. They increase crankcase volume, which lowerers under piston compression, and will end up hurting the top end power.

If it was my sled, I would talk to someone about some good porting and head work. I do not even know if RKtech makes a head for the 600. The porting will give you the most bang for your buck, unless you go to twins. Allot of the stuff you have listed is hyped allot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Keep it simple and reliable..Raise the port timing,mild trail porting,v-force reeds and oval bore carbs,stock exhaust 120 hp on the dyno. Trying to get 130 hp out of a mxz600 for trail use is not a good idea..Been there done it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey ronzx9, what octane fuel do i have to run in those RKTEK heads.  they are now making one for the 600 so im thinking about getting them.  what octane fuel do i have to run??

·
Registered
756 Posts
If you want a 130 hp sled, go trade it on a bigger sled. A few mods here & there are fine, but when you spend as much money as you are talking about its cheaper to trade.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I agree...for $3000 you could drop a Mach engine into your chassis. That would put you at over 150HP

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys nevermind the 130hp ####.  im just putting a clutch kit, pipe, silencer, and new reeds in it.  a new track and picks also.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i owe about 3600 on my mxz i just found out.  first question:  how much do you guys think is a fair price for my sled (2001 mxz 600 stock w/ 800 miles, its in good condition).  2. how much would it be for a 2001 mxz 700  with about the same miles.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sledcrazy,

I answered your post on another message board. But, I didn't know you had a Skidoo. Do not get the heelclicker clutch kit. The TRA can be easily tuned. For ideas, check Cudney Racings web site. Call Bill and he can give you some ideas. Also, it is much easier and better to trade up to a bigger motor than to hot rod the smaller motor for every day riding. Look at a used 700 or 800 sled and you will have a rocket!

·
Registered
14 Posts
what ever you do heelclickers put more power to the track than any other clutch kit on the market best midrange pull and top end pull little more work but well worth it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts