Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you know when your shocks are worn out? it takes quite alot force to push it down by hand and does slowly extend back out. i just didn't know how quickly it should extend back out after pushing it in. i have been having some problems with my rear suspension being stiff and have had the suspension out and all apart and checked every thing over as well as greased everything. i found out one of my springs are gone but everything else seemed to be alright however it still seems really stiff. there is one dampening rod at the rear of the suspension that looks to be there to aid your suspension which has 3 rubbers inside it, just wanted to know if this might have something to do with my problem. I am getting a upgrade kit for my suspension
and wanted to know if there is anything else i can do to make it a little smoother ride.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Put your shock in the freezer for a few hours and retry the stroke. If it is jammed then theres water inside. The rod with cup and rubber washers you speak of is the coupler for the front and rear arms. The only adjustment there is to remove or add rubber packing washers. Some people back off the nut (and loose it). The AD Boivin SC 10 coupler kit is the best addition for that suspension. You loose about an inch of travel but gain much more control on wash board (stutter bumps).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts