Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i own a 1997 mxz 670 sled and i had noticed that my suspension was very stiff, so after taking some advice that people gave me on the site i went ahead overhauled the whole thing$$$$. i put two new shocks, torsion springs, sc10 upgrade kit , new idler wheel bearing, fully greased every zerk i seen, limiter straps, and just finsished putting it back in the sled. the only thing different know is i just have about $600.00 in new parts on it, the suspension is just as stiff as it ever was. i made sure my track wasn't overtighten and checked everything over several times to make sure i did it right. please let me know if there is anything else i can try, short of buying a new sled.

thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
What is the torsion spring set at? It is a cam that rotates to adjust the torsion spring. I think I uploaded a pic a while back; I'll dig that up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at the rear of my suspension in the center there is some sort of a device that bolts around the rear suspension arm (close to the bottom) and the other end bolts to the track rails. in my shop manual this is known as an (acm), i just wanted to know it's purpose of being there and if it is needed with the sc10 upgrade kit. i have a pic of what i'm talking about but i'm having trouble getting it uploadedon the site.

thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts