Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the delta force reeds worth the money? or should i put boyesen reeds in the stock cages? this sled is stock, except for studs and the clutching is dialed in to a tee. any knowledge appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can only give you my experience.

I have VFORCE on my 2000 700 and felt they were
worth it. A good seat of the pants feel at least.

I put VFORCE on my 2001 800 and it was a waste
of money. No difference at all in performance. Moto
was nice enough to refund my money and now I'm
running the boyesen. I can't say I notice anything over
the stock reeds mainly because I've done too
many other things as well.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
done back to back pulls on a dyno('00 700 mxz)the boyesson reeds were with-in 1 hp of the v-force over the curve. my take buy the boyessons and spend the other 200+ dollars on something else.better throttle response and 1-2 hp,v-force 2-3 hp but more $$.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks gunner and doo man!! i have heard that the boyesens in the stock cages were just as good as the v force reeds, just wanted a little feed back from others though.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
clutchman, whats the clutch set-up you are running? I have a friend with a 700 and  needs a little advice setting up his clutches. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr 670 i am running, primary: stock spring, 287 or cf1 ramps, clicker at 2. secondary: 50/47 cam, new beige at b6, teflon buttons, and always a 067 belt.of all the other things i tried, this works the best, i usually only run the cf1 ramps for raceing or when the snow is hard and packed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts