Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really going to look into buying one or the other this off - season. Actually, we just had an off season, did we not?! I will probably buy a used 01-02 MXZ 700 or 800 w/Zx and want to know if there is any glaring differences btween the Renegade skid and regular as far as handling. I ride in the mountains of Vt and it is rare that I get above 60mph because of the twisties. Seems like the Gade  would hook up bettter with more meat on the snow , but does it turn any differently? Top speed is far less important to me than acceleration . Also, do the precision skis help darting that much? I have my 98 670 set up pretty well in the front and it rarely if ever darts. They came on 02's only?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Precision skis will take away all darting. period.
I think the handling between the mxz and renegade is very similar, and myself I'd take the renegade. If you ride in the mountains, the renegade will also give you more boondoking capability. I also belive that the renegades are just as fast as the regular mxz's

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have the regular mxz 121" and a couple of my buddys have the renegade and i feel they both have there high and low points. First off i like the renegade because it hooks up better and with the longer track and deeper lug the rear dosent slide around on you on sharp corners like mine does on soft stuff.  But for hard trail riding on quick bumps and twisties i feel the regular short A$$ mxz out performs the renegade and just feels a bit better for that type of riding.  On the hills the renegade is king over the regular of course. My regular mxz is faster than my buddys but they will pretty much always get me out of the hole with the bigger track. The renegade will absorb the bumps better than the short track mxz in the rear suspension.  The precision skiis on the 02`s are great i am getting a set for my 01 this summer.  Im not fussy on the curved handlebars on the 02`s because im just used to the straight ones on my 01 i guess.  The rer is awesome and would not buy another without it.  I would say for your type of riding get the renegade you will love it on the hills because that is really where it really stands out from the other mxz`s.  Thats my take on the two.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Exactly what jwheeler said!  If you do mostly mountain riding go with the gade!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I'd have to say go for the GADE. We are adding another one to the fleet next year. I clocked on over 4000kms this year on my 02 800 renegade. With the precisions we found the gade to be unbeatable in the corners, (redrocket800 will agree to that), better in the bumps with the long track.  It bridges all the bumps made by shorttrackers. Also it kicks up such a cloud that it is almost suicide to pass a gade on the trail,lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a 2002 mxz 800, a freind of mine have a 2002 mxz 700 Renegade, I only have 600 miles on mine but I would say, pending price I wounld by a Renegade long track over the short track, its just a little better of a ride. They are both a nice ride though, tough choise!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts