Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 98 formula and overall liked the ride, except for when the bumps were bigger than stutter bumps.  I also rented a 2002 legend and really loved the ride, but didn't hit any larger bumps.  What is the difference between a mxz trail and mxzx for ride?  Will the HPG piggyback shocks be too stiff for normal trail riding?  Also what is the difference between the zx and zxx chassis?

Lakelandsledder

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My '01 has the Trail suspension (Motion Control shocks) For my riding, I'm happy w/ it. My previous 2 sleds had HPGs, didn't really need them for my riding. I'm more interested in racking up the miles than ditch banging.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I love the hpg shocks that came on the 00 mxz addren. sleds just the right combination.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'd say that if your happy with those sleds than a mxz trail will be plenty for you. Sound s like you'll only find the big bumps occasionally  so go for the overall ride.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
on the 02 models the trail had 10" in the front and 12" in the rear, and the X also had 10" up front but had 13" in the rear.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a 2002 MXZ 700 trail. I have no complaints but I'm sorry I didn't get the sport. The gas bag shocks are OK but I'm sorry I didn't get the new skis. From what I hear they rock.
The difference between the x and the trail are the skis (trail has flex not precision) the shocks (trail has motion control not HPG resevoir) the tunnel (X is tilted) and DPM (trail has no DPM). You also get a racing brake, adjustable racing handlebars,adjustable toeholds and anti skid runningboards on the X.

·
Registered
171 Posts
wider ski stance is a function of the mounting of the outside runnr in the Precision ski (as opposed to center mounting onthe Flex ski).  In terms of radius rods,... they should be the same (legal limit for trail sleds).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts