Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a 2001 SRX 700 (Bone Stock). I run a 2002 MXZ 700 also bone stock. What do you think? 1/4 mile, top end?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Stock no studs the mxz700 will pull the srx to about 50mph (yamaha tracks are very poor) from there on the srx is gone. I well set up stock srx will run with T-cats and machzs seen it!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
YOU WILL LOSE! ??? :hallo9:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I figured I wouldn't have much of a chance but a friend told me today that the SRX's weren't strong when they were stock andd you had to play with them. I have seen a lot of blue triple triple's make 1000's and 800's look bad. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 670 HO not studded, and my friend with a 98 SRX 700 with studs cannot beat me in a drag race. Off the line I pull away to about 2 sled lengths, then he stays there for the rest of the race.. which usually ends at about 80mph.

Another friend also has a 98 SRX, not studded, but with a 1-1/4 track, and clutching. He consistently beats all SRXs he races (98-02). When we race, he usually gets ahead until my ski loop is at his snow flap, then we stay there until about 60mph where he pulls away.

This is all last season with my clutching funny at the wrong secondary preload and my tra clickers too high to compensate. This year I can't wait to see how my HO runs properly set up.

I guess this doesn't help you though.. I don't know how I run against an MXZ 700. Every one of my friends ride blue.. SxR, SRX, Viper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah, My buddy has a 01 SRX (stock) and i have yet to see him get beat buy a stock twin on the lake 1/4 mile +. But have seen the mach give him a wippin.

·
Registered
191 Posts
between my buds and me we have a two 2001 srx's and a couple mxz's all the sleds are set up very well all stock with clutching the srx passes the mxz about 2000ft srx is about 2mph faster they are real close with proper clutching.Ryan

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with what everybody says, the SRX's are tough to beat. That is why you have to pop their hoods, and pul off one of the spark plug wires! :p :devil: :devil:

(Just Kidding)

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it was a bit older SRX I would say you have a chance. I gave a 98 with V-Force reeds, and either pipes or stingers a good beating with my 670HO. He after I left him in the dust in the first 1000 feet he just turned away and I never saw him again. I am pretty sure that he would not have caught up with me if we ran longer. It was on a lake with hard pack/ice. We both hooked up pretty good. The 2001s are supposed to be quite a bit faster. I have never had a chance to race one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts