Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at the autotrader website today?

There is a Red 2001 MXZX that looks factory.

I couldn't understand why the price was so high.

Its running  slightly modded 809.

I It's at lockhart's but I still think the price is a bit much. $10,500.

Isn't Sled Dogg working on one of these?? As I recall he wasn't spending this much.

I don't know why they would start with the 800 as a donor chassis, kinda expensive.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was starting one of these. But it has been decided that i won't be building it this winter. The chassis will be sold and the 809 is on ebay. i'll be elaborating in the next week on what happened to the project. i'm now buying a '03 renegade, I'll be selling the sc 10 III out of it to buy a AD Bovian XPert-X rear skid if anyone is interested. But for 10,500 you'd have a BIG Crank shop motor complete ,Top of the line suspension, clutches , everything. that is a crazy price if it's US dollars Now if that's Canadian funds it's about 7,000us.
Caleb

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by Sled Dogg@Sep 28 2002, 07:38 AM
I was starting one of these. But it has been decided that i won't be building it this winter. The chassis will be sold and the 809 is on ebay. i'll be elaborating in the next week on what happened to the project. i'm now buying a '03 renegade, I'll be selling the sc 10 III out of it to buy a AD Bovian XPert-X rear skid if anyone is interested. But for 10,500 you'd have a BIG Crank shop motor complete ,Top of the line suspension, clutches , everything. that is a crazy price if it's US dollars Now if that's Canadian funds it's about 7,000us.
Caleb
Sled dog.
Was the center bearing on the 809 bad?? That's what causes the center cylinder to go bad on these motors from all the post I have seen. Also my 2001 did the same thing. I was lucky and Bomby gave me a new 2002 motor free even though my warrantee was expired.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
sled dogg,im getting the expert x also,are you going to get the dynamic transfer regulator as an option?it says that it is for powder running,i waiting for rob pilgrim to get back to my email to explain what it does,and how it works,its an extra $100 us,but if it helps for traction in the powder i want it :D :p

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
sled dogg - Saw the 809 on ebay. I need some stuff. Let me know what yo don't sell cause I could use CDI etc....

I migh tbe interested in the chassis also.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sled Dogg why are you giving up? That is a great project and a amazing combo the xz +800 triple, don't give up murch on! That red mxzx in the trader for sale is one of the first or second one's that Bondi engines put together, it's a very nice sled , would love to have it!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Look in Ebay Motors also. They have sleds for sale. Also search Ski Doo in Ebay motors. LOt of stuff there also, like parts and accessories SWRules

1 - 10 of 10 Posts